Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muse

Options
  • 08-09-2004 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

Any fans?
    I'd go as far to say they're the best live band around at the moment. Im still listening to showbiz, let alone absolution. And how the hell does bellamy make 1 guitar sound like 2?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

muse are phenomenal. number eight on the new album is just heart splattering.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Muse are great. you just can't beat the sound of stockholm syndrome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

totally agree
    very very underrated band

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Saw them at Oxegen for the first time, they were OK. Friend said they were miles better any other time he has seen them though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

I'm a pretty big muse fan. Infact i only listen to muse. I can count the amount of other cds i've listened to this year on one hand. Roughly 5. I've 8Gigabytes of muse bootlegs :D .... and all their Cds/dvds since HyperMusic/ feeling good.
    Saw them at Oxegen for the first time, they were OK. Friend said they were miles better any other time he has seen them though.

I think they played a good set, if possibly brief, becuase they didn't want to get into the Darkness' time. And ash bloody well ran over. Gits. I think while anybody with Hullaballoo knows Muse are brilliant on stage, great performers.

Does anybody remember when muse were considered pretentious? I think that went out the window when hullaballoo was released.
    Tellox wrote:
    Any fans?
    I And how the hell does bellamy make 1 guitar sound like 2?
    Might have something to do with this? He has 2 of these rigs :)http://www.clubi.ie/speedz/mattgear.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Was I that friend? Sounds like something I'd say. Wasn't very happy about missing the Libertines to see their set...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 museslave

ye im a muse fan.. quite a big fan i must say...
    iv met them a few times... matt can be a tad bit arrogant, hes not really into signing autographs or anything.. chris and dom are really cool though.
    i think they kinda lost the plot with "absolution" though, matts not very happy with it, they tried to make an epic album and failed miserably... if you want an example of a perfect epic album, get the divine comedy album, "Fin de siecle"
    "absolution" is a bit too main stream too.. clearly aimed at breaking the american market.
    apparently they are gonna take a break after the australia/america tour and get back to their roots.. maybe they'll finally beat "showbiz"

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭dellytots

Ya havn't lived till u've experienced Muse live.

They're excellent, I wouldnt call them my fav band but they play a hell of a good live set!!!Seen them twice dis year and nothing has topped them(except maybe Green Day oh and the chemical bros, the pixies....) But anyways cant fault them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Buck Owens

Absolution is a brillant album, I was,nt a huge fan of them before it but there's some excellent songs on it!! Hysteria, Apocalyse Please and The small print are favorites of mine :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 CKY

i think muse might b playing in jan r feb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 museslave

no cky, MUSE are not playing in january or february. maybe 2006, but not next year... they are taking time of after their australia/america tour, to write a new album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

No doubt they are a great band, but i wouldnt say this!
    dellytots wrote:
    Ya havn't lived till u've experienced Muse live.

They certainly deserve more accolade than they get, particularly over here, they sell very few albums. Maybe if they scrapped their instruments and appeared on some shows with Simon Cowell or Louey Walsh they might sell more over here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

Yep gotta say they are the best when it comes to music ,They were the best at oxygen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 -:Derek:-

Yeah, Muse are pretty damn good, "Plug in Baby" was the first distortion song I learnt on the guitar

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

yes i'm quite the muse fan. they're awesome. as someone already said, they're highly under-rated...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

if hysteria was the only song ever released in the history of all music i would probably be happy with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

people always agree that they are underated but why are they underated?

i saw them in the olympia a few years ago... only have showbiz, sometimes i do find some of the songs annoying...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I thought they were cool, when i went to see them in february.
    Absolution is a great album, although origin of symmetry is also damn good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Treebeard

Muse rock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Atmosphere

Muse are brilliant, definitely one of the best bands out there at the moment, in my opinion

Advertisement