Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie making.

Options
  • 08-09-2004 1:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭

I was thinking of making a BFV movie and was wondering what i need? can anyone give me links for the right movie making program? Also is there any other links i could get on instructions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Fraps.

Google for it. Needs a good bit of ram to run. Also googleing further can give you more info on using it with Battlefield Vietnam in particular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Irish_Kamikaze

I have enough ram but will it slow me down ingame?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Yes, unless you have enough ram. How much do you have? You'll also need a hell of alot if you want to edit the movie properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Need 2ghz plus 1gb ram to make perfect movies, Game cam www.planetgamecam.com (i think ) also does.

Tbh the best way for lossless recording it to use Tv out burn it to a Video and import it back to PC. That wya your pc is playing the game so can go highest resolution etc:

kdjac

Or if you have a DV cam use that, you'll get better quality than video. PC's aren't ideal for movie editing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

and when you have the raw footage use

http://virtualdubmod.sourceforge.net

to edit it

Is that any good tba? I'm kinda stuck on Adobe Premier or FCP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭General Valdez

How Do You Record from a dv camera?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Is that any good tba? I'm kinda stuck on Adobe Premier or FCP.
    its probably the best free one that you can get

but it would have less reliablity and feature than Adobe or Final Cut.

and this isnt me giving this advice its my mate whos doing multimaedia editing, so if hes completely wrong Ill give you his address :)

How Do You Record from a dv camera?
    Theres a Audio / Video editing board if you really want more concrete answers.
    If you mean how do you record to a DV cam, simply hook up your tv out to it rather than to the video, than use a video capture programme (most editors will have it) to put the footage back onto the pc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭General Valdez

I Hooked It Up To My Tv But The Quality On The Tv Is Really Dark And Not What It Looks Like On The Monitor At All. Is There Anything I Can Do To Make It Look Better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Irish_Kamikaze

I take it TiG are making a movie as i seen steven spielberg on your server! Good luck and make us all proud!

I take it TiG are making a movie as i seen steven spielberg on your server! Good luck and make us all proud!
    Nah, Steve is just a good friend of ours. He wanted to join TiG but I told him he had to be Irish.

Advertisement