Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Carcass appreciation thread.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Speaking of which, anyone here ever listen to The Berzerker?
    Hardly the most original band on the planet, but it's absolute pure Carcass-worship, and their drummer is beyond phenominal. Good to listen to if you don't mind the over-distorted style and industrial tinged drum effects.
    I found out about them when looking for carcass stuff, I saw Corporal Jigsore Quandary (Carcass Cover) and now I have two of their/his CDs :)
    As for Carcass.. *unf* One of the best metal bands ever.
    I've been listening to them so much I've even developed a taste for Reek of Putrefaction. Necroticism is probably my best.
    The DVD is fun, if not a little lacking in the visual quality. But it's worth it for the Incarnate Solvent Abuse video, not to mention the London Astoria gig video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Has anyone checked out Requiems Of Revulsion: A Tribute To Carcass?

It's actually really good. Impaled's version of Carneous Cacoffiny is ****in' A. And General Surgery's version of Empathalogical Necroticism is brilliant.

Yeah, that CD has to be one of the best and most varied (varied considering it's limited to grindcore) I've heard. Sheer brilliance, and it's gotten me into a load more bands, Disgorge, Avulsed, Pig Destroyer, Impaled. If you've heard most of the early carcass, then check this Cd out

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Kilgore-Trout

If you guys think that the berzerker are total carcass worship then check out Exhumed(and maybe Impaled aswell)--TOTAL Carcass worship!!!
    I personally think that necroticism is WAY better than heartwork(heartwork still fookin rips though!)

If you guys think that the berzerker are total carcass worship then check out Exhumed(and maybe Impaled aswell)--TOTAL Carcass worship!!!
    I personally think that necroticism is WAY better than heartwork(heartwork still fookin rips though!)
    How could I forget them? I heard their cover of Exhume to Consume and then picked up Anatomy is Destiny a while later. Very impressive

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Carcass good, Autopsy better! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Nigel Tufnel

Carcass, quality band. I read some interview, and it contained to be what i found a very funny joke, but most people hate me when i tell them, so i won't say it here for fear of being band.

I think I know what one you're talking about, does it involve a baby? seriously? because that wasnt a very funny joke
    :confused:
    Carcass rule, the dvd is brilliant, the gig from Nottingham Rock City is kind of ****,the Astoria gig kicks ass though. They should've put a gig from the Swansong or Heartwork tours that would've been class. Did anyone else see Firebird a few months back? met Bill Steer, really nice bloke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

What's he doing with himself these days?

His old site was at Mp3.com but that seems to be gone now. His new one is http://www.mikehickeyguitar.com . Apparently he's back playing with Venom again.

Advertisement