Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BG2 - technical help?

Options
  • 21-10-2000 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

Ah, bought this yesterday. Installed it today. Made up my character (dwarven Kensai, going to dual to Monk if I get to it). watched that lovely intro. Started playing and...doh!

If anyone speaks, or if I access the spells quick menu, the game goes loopy. It automatically starts to select-deselect one of the quick weapon boxes repetedly. this makes the pointer on the screen flash between attack and move no-stop. the result is that the game is completely unplayable!!! <sob! so near and yet so far!>

If I enter the inventory or character screen (or any other screen) and go back to the play screen the problem resets itself but reappears as soon as any of the above happen.

System used:
    PIII 500
    Win 98
    64 mb ram
    plenty of hd space
    3dfx voodoo 1 (latest drivers)
    DirectX 7.0

config used.
    tried every processor speed option (no joy)
    tried every graphic setting (no joy with or without 3d enabled)
    I haven't tried touching those BLT(sp?) things (I shouldn't need them if it's running in 2d should I?)

The graphics are displaying fine, it's just this flashy cursor and weapon thing that's annoying me....

Any help?

lolth2.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 The_Frog

Well i dont know the answer but when i played BG1 i had a problem when the comp stalled and had to catch up on all the commands i set while it stalled, it started pressing the info screen and journel screen. It happened to me once in BG2, while the Loading Screen came up. I dropped something on the keyboard and when the (Slums) Screen loaded up the computer picked Yoshimo, Clicked on my Journel, then my Information screen, then my Inventory. so if ur not confused confused.gif yet i just saying if u pressed something while it was loading or saving ur game that might be the problem. If it continues, try the technical support (at the back of manual), they r helpful.

Gregg

frogjump.gif
    The_Frog is [IAR]Daemon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

http://www.bgdungeon.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro&category=2&BypassCookie=true

try posting there, the BioWare guys read that board so you may be able to get an answer.

Advertisement