Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is what Ultima Online has become

Options
  • 23-10-2000 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Back only one day and already threatend by a GM.
    I'm back in the game (again smile.gif and I'm training up my bard at bucc's den (in FELLUCA). I'm bored so I decide to make some cash.

I walk to the teleporter entry on the Vesper end and stand there.

Someone comes up to me and says "Move". I tell them they have to pay me to move, otherwise (and I say this too) they will have to attack me or just push past me. If they are unable to get by me, then they are not worthy to enter.

I'm not totally blocking, and the fact that people just go by me proves it. It isn't a life threatening block (like dungeon blocking) as there is still loads of space to roam around.

Now rather then doing that two guys just sit there for 15 minutes waiting for a GM to show up that they paged. They could of walked through me 5-6 times.

In that 15 minutes, I made about 30gp some black pearl and some fish steaks. I was also attacked four times and killed once. In all those instances I moved.

Finally Mr GM shows up (Platium) and tells me to stop. Amazing enough a couple of people give out about the complainers (as do I) and the GM just ignores me and leaves mid conversation.

Now I'm not complaining about that, the GM told me to stop, I'll stop. What was first annoying was that these guys rather then dealing with the issue in game have to resort to paging a GM and sit there. I mean it's Felluca for crying out loud!

Second, just after I leave some other guy stands in the same spot I was. Unlike me he just stood there and ignored anyone who spoke to him. After a while and still annoyed I page a GM. I finally get to #1 in the queue and my page is ignored. So I page again.

It takes me provoking everything that moved onto the blocker before the guy would move (this is over an hour from when he started).

Shortly afterwards the Counselor shows up (Philo). I explain what happened and I want to know why is it I get warned, yet the other guy gets away with it for longer then I did? He starts going into a broken record about "The GM was right" which wasn't what I asked.

Then he tells me "You can't force your roleplay on others". Can't force my roleplay??? It's Felluca for crying out loud. Then he comes up with a classic "You should stand beside the teleporter and ask people to pay you instead". At that point I just told him to leave.

Anyway my whole point seems to be if there is anything at all in the game not going your way you should page a GM??? I remember the old days where I would of been resskilled into oblivion for what I did and people would of been jailed for wasting a GM's time with such a lame page.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

That sounds like a really dull game. (Don't get me wrong EQ has its moments too .. but all in all i still enjoy it)

Sure it's sad that people go running to GM's when they don't like whats happening to them (understandable in these circumstances) .. but what a dull and boring thing for the guy to do as well .. block a path for a couple of hours in the name of RPing ... fun fun fun.

[This message has been edited by Jak (edited 24-10-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Alas ultima was nerfed an age ago, once it was a great game possibly the best game.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

yea I agree. Btw Jak Rev here is a bit of a legend on one of the shards. Honest Kaylins lost and found. You lost it odds on he found it and is selling it back for twice the price.

Advertisement