Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair announces biggest ever free seat sale 3 million seats for free*

• 08-09-2004 10:30am
    Moderators Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭

I make no bones about Ryanairs service either good or bad, just letting people know......
    3 MILLION FREE SEAT SALE DETAILS:

Booking period: 9th September – midnight 13th September
    Travel period: 23rd September 2004 – 10 February 2005
    Blackout periods: 21st October – 31st October & 18th December – 5th January 05
    Applicable days: Monday – Sunday
    Advance purchase: 14 days – unless otherwise stated
    Subject to availability – terms & conditions apply – see www.ryanair.com for details

;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Deadly :D

* = excluding airport taxes, €5 credit card charge etc etc ;)

• Moderators Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭Spocker

* = and only if you promise not to bring any luggage either... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭Ardent

Cheers for the heads up Spock. Must book myself a weekend break for early next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Ive no time for the ****s as i fly with them every weekend, but in fairness this looks like a decent enough offer i suppose... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Considering the recent 50% off sale was from 99c to 45c it's clear they make their money on the extras.

Don't forget the new €10 credit card fee and the baggage handling charge when you carry on hand luggage.

Still the cheapest way to fly - as long as you know the rules and play by them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Still the cheapest way to fly - as long as you know the rules and play by them

Damn right. I got 7 of us round trips from Shannon to Beauvais last January for €128 all-in (14c for the flights, the rest taxes). Looks like I can do it again next January for €188... :D — even if it'll cost another €140 for the bus in & out to Paris, it's still cheaper per head than a weekend return to Dublin with Eernro Ayrun! :eek:
    ...it's clear they make their money on the extras

So don't buy the extras. Stock up before you get on the plane — sambos, Mars bars, mineral water (or whatever ;)) — unless you like paying €2.60 for sh1tty instant coffee, €4.50 for a photocopy of a ham sandwich, €5.95 for a microwaved cheeseburger, etc., etc. And go to the jacks before you get on the plane, too. They turn them babies around in 20-25 minutes on the ground, and it shows in the "washroom cleanliness" stakes... :o

But there ain't no finer airliner, if you want to get abroad cheap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

is the credit card fee really 10 euro now???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Searched for the last 10 minutes for FREE flights tried all the destinations from Dublin, mid week, weekend all type of searches but the cheapest I found was Bristol 0.99c

NOTHING worth staying up for

How did you get on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

@the corpo: yeah... €5 each way :( — but last year they did €0.01c seats, and the €5 charge is per booking, not per passenger...

@nava: you've got to be real flexible on the dates. Do a search for the dates you want, then try checking "one day earlier/one day later" on each leg of the journey... and then try again a week later, if you're looking for something in the distant future. The prices go up & down like a whore's knickers! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Can't get into Ryanair website, anybody else having this problem or is just there's so many people on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi

I can get into it Ok, I went as far a adding my CC and was ok.

BETTER offers than last night, I cna get filght for €0.01 that wasn't there last night

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭huh!

This is a handy way of searching for cheap Ryanair flights
    http://tinyurl.co.uk/ryanairmse/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭SteM

Don't forget the new €10 credit card fee and the baggage handling charge when you carry on hand luggage.

Can anyone confirm there's a baggege handling charge when you carry hand luggage now? I flew to Manchester with them less than 2 weeks ago and there was none then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Nothing on their website about it either..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Genghis

How can they charge for hand luggage? It is impractical to ask passengers at booking / payment what luggage they will take. Then there is no facility for accepting cash at check-in, passport control, boarding gate etc. Perhaps he means non hand luggage? But even this is difficult to charge for.

Last time I flew Ryanair the allowance was a pithy 15kg per passenger, but in my experience check-in are reluctant to go to the bother of charging you as they have to direct you to the cash desk, cancel you check-in, get you to queue again, etc. I brought over 30kg out with me and over 40kg back, but on 3 of the 4 legs it was never commented on, and on the other (Dublin / Stansted), the girl warned me, but never charged me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Booked a flight with them, found a flight from a better location at a cheaper price, is there no way for Ryanair to refund me?

The only way you will get a refund is, if they cancel the flight.

on my last ryanair flight i got screwed for nearly 200 euro on excess backage. will never fly with them again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

if you get screwed of too much baggage thats your own fault. you get 15kgs check in they clearly tell you this on the t&c. they run everything on a tight budget, obviously if you dont play by the rules they will screw you over, but play by them and you're sorted.

they don't exactly outline the excess baggage thing too clearly

i flew from dublin to london with ryanair. got done for €200 excess baggage.

then immediately flew from london to berlin with air berlin, and they said nothing about the baggage, *and* their flight was far cheaper than the ryanair flight

grr bah!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,654 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

the corpo wrote:
    on my last ryanair flight i got screwed for nearly 200 euro on excess backage. will never fly with them again

You didn't get screwed, you ignored looking into the terms&conditions. Silly that because of that you won't fly with them any more. Your loss (literally)...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭blobert

Well I'm happy enough. €40 return to Stansted including all crazy charges. Flying Friday back Sunday (normally most expensive).

Credit Card fee is now about €5.

Only problem is the Stansted Express Train into London costs about as much as the flghts themselves!

Don't you get a discount if you show your Ryanair ticket when buying the train ticket?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I flew back from Stansted on Wednesday and I noticed that tey didn't seem to be applying any rules on hand baggage - people were coming on with trolley bags _and_ a holdall _and_ a handbag...

One fecker took my paper off my seat while I was putting up my bag and gracefully gave it back to me just as we were landing :-(

Also noticed that they were annonucing (in Stansted) that food and drink bought in the _airport_ couldn't be brought onto the plane..didn't announce this in Cork..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭SteM

okidoki987 wrote:
    Don't you get a discount if you show your Ryanair ticket when buying the train ticket?

I think the cheapest place to buy Stansted Express tickets is at the Ryanair desk up near departure gate A in Dublin airport. IIRC they're cheaper there than buying them on the plane or at the rail desk in Sansted.

I flew back from Stansted on Wednesday and I noticed that tey didn't seem to be applying any rules on hand baggage - people were coming on with trolley bags _and_ a holdall _and_ a handbag...

I've noticed that too, some people are allowed on with these big bags. They come on late and there's no overhead space left so they *jam* their bag in on top of someone elses. Really annoys me that does, very unfair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

parsi wrote:
    Also noticed that they were annonucing (in Stansted) that food and drink bought in the _airport_ couldn't be brought onto the plane..didn't announce this in Cork..

Thats a new one, must stash my extra crumbly chocolate croissant next time .

The discount on the Stansted Flyer is minimal, it used ta be 50% cheaper on Ryanair until it started to go up in 2002 / 2003 but they are now charging at least UK21 for it while it costs UK24 in the Station in Stansted, 12.5% cheaper .

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

thanks for posting about the offer.i was looking for an offer like that.would not of known of the offer.Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭The Fool

What ticks me off about Ryanair is the limited destinations from Dublin, who wants to hang around 4 to 6 hours in Stansted waiting on a transfer. When you factor in wasted time, remote airports and credit card charges there Free flights don't look so rosey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

unkel wrote:
    You didn't get screwed, you ignored looking into the terms&conditions. Silly that because of that you won't fly with them any more. Your loss (literally)...
    Has anybody got recent T&C's that they can cut and paste here?
    I was on a KLM flight and main luggage was 6kg over, they told me to fill up my hand luggage, must have ended up over 10kg which was over the all the hand luggage limits I have ever seen stated.
    What about stuff in your pockets? i.e. could you go on with a big overcoat loaded with stuff?
    Next they'll start weighing people when they check in, which probably is the fairest way (but non-pc)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

rubadub wrote:
    Has anybody got recent T&C's that they can cut and paste here?
    I was on a KLM flight and main luggage was 6kg over, they told me to fill up my hand luggage, must have ended up over 10kg which was over the all the hand luggage limits I have ever seen stated.

Ryanair 7Kg hand Baggage and 15Kg hold. One item only in hold .

KLM do not hire wall to wall skangers and call them a customer service department . Neither do Aer Lingus and it shows .

M

Advertisement