Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BG2 - ***spoilers inside- after spoiler space of course***

Options
  • 24-10-2000 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

OK,
    got it working on my old machine (p2 266 32mb ram no 3d card) and it's running lovely, not even a hint of slowdown! (first one used to crawl).

My first impression? Wow!!
    On closer inspection... WOW!!

I have to say I really really like this game. It's addictive! And it's hard not to go looking for spoilers when you come up against something difficult (actually, I've got a question later after the spoiler space)

I'm playing it on core rules setting and apart from a few "timing" differences, it really does play like AD&D! The spells selection is a good size, though it would be nice to have it bigger, and more miscellaneous spells.. you know, the ones you can use in combination with each other like "feather fall" + "gust of wind" smile.gif

Personally I hope they keep producing these games (but not with constant level advancement though, the low to mid level targets are fun). Neverwinter nights should be amazing if it's anything like BG2 - and the fact that it will have scenarios written for it (and converted from D&D) will make it a good long term game rather than a beat once and go again.

Q1. If I dump an NPC, can I get them back again? Do htey stay where I dump them? Just for quests and stuff it would be handy.

/begin spoiler space
    ************Spolier Space***************
    still spoiling
    ****************fin*****************
    /end spoiler space

Nalia!! What a WENCH! I'm definitely gonna kill her! "Oh, save my castle" "oh, I need help" "oh, I'm not going to give you time to prepare for fighting trolls" ABSOLUTE WAGON!!
    I went into the castle (after running away from an single ice troll that kept chasing me) rested, learned lots of fire and acid spells (except I hadn't written Anauroch's scorcher into Aerie's spellbook, nor did I stop to buy a fireball scroll). I found 40 fire arrows, and now I'm down to 15 - i've just finished the Yuan-ti mage + the incredible multi troll fight.. good fight!

Q2. The golem room in the keep. do all of the golems attack at once or is it a few at a time or what? I know they are triggered by looting the alcoves. (I found out the hard way)

Q3. Can the big guy fit through the door? He doesn't look like he'll make it but you never know.

I know, I could find this out myself, but this would save me time.. (note, I didn't ask for a way to beat them or if it was even possible.. from AD&D I know that the big guy is tough.. seriously tough.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

A1: if you dump someone they ask if you want them to remain where they are, or go back to where you first met them, so you can mix & match with ease.

A2: as you loot each statue certain ones are activated - I got all those cool items by moving all my party to the stairs down except Viconia (any cleric will do). Had her cast Sanctuary then picked up the gear and strolled out. The golems could do nothing cos Sanctuary makes you invisible to them smile.gif

A3: no the biggest one does not fit out the door however he is incredibly tough - you need +3 blunt weps to do any damage and he can take a lot of damage himself. Not invincible tho smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Just to add to that.

1. You can get more fire arrows by going back to the camp outside and talking to the captain.

2. You don't need to waste your fire/acid attacks on the trolls. You can attack as normal. You just need the fire/acid for the actual final kill.

3. Depending on the level you enter the castle at depends on what type of golem you meet. You think the Iron is hard, wait until you meet Adumantium Golem. smile.gif

4. There are two really good weapons in the castle. Of them is the Flail of ages and requires to be built inside the castle. It is recommended you do not leave the castle until you fully assemble this weapon. It does fire/ice attacks on every hit.

Another thing about NWN is that you can import your BG2 character into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Thanks,

Wasn't sure if Sanctuary was a valid option against golems. Makes things much easier smile.gif

As for the fire/acid, I have Yoshimo change to fire arrows when a troll falls, then he fires while everyone else keeps it down. So far he's managed to kill a troll with each arrow, except the Giant troll just before the yuan-ti mage fight, is he immune to fire arrows?

hmmmm, Yoshimo. Good character, don't trust him an inch...
    Everyone else joins the group and you get "party gained X gp", when Yoshimo joins you get "Special Share Yoshimo. Party gains 43 gold pieces" Special share?? If I catch him stealing rom the group I'll dual to a mage, get a familiar rabbit and FEED HIM TO IT!

Very suspect is all I have to say. I like his quotes though.. very fitting for an arrogant git (oh, and he's already cracking onto Nalia.)

Yoshimo is neutral.

However he will betray you. For the betrayel he screws you over big time. If you survive though and find him he creates a sub quest which can get you a massive amount of xp points.

Another clue was Minsc. If he's in your party when you first meet Yoshimio he says something about Boo's whiskers standing on end.

ah Jesus Hobbes some spoiler space would have been good there frown.gif

• Advertisement

Oops sorry. I guess if a thread has at least one spoiler you can expect another.

I haven't told you were he screws you over. tongue.gif You can dump him so that he doesn't (which I did after the numerous blatant hints in the game) but then you miss a whole other quest which stems off from it.

You can only active the Player quest for Yoshimo in this way. I tried to activate it after the incident but it wouldn't.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 24-10-2000).]

yeah i agree there's plenty of hints and stuff so i had a good idea, but you never know - the plot is twisty enough that i thought they could have been red herrings. never mind.

Advertisement