Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beggars Bush Exchange

• 08-09-2004 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

I was wondering if theres anyone here on the beggars bush exchange. I've been waiting for over 2months for esat business broadband and they say the only thing holding them back is the fact that the exchange is down and eircom arent getting off their asses to fix it. I just wanted to know if this was in fact true or are they making excuses as always?

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭java

I am off Beggars Bush with eircom business and have had no problems. Its very easy for Esat to blame another provider. It seems to be their standard response to set up problems these days from what I've read previously on boards. Worrying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

FYI the Beggars Bush exchange is not down for Eircom or Esat.

Robot, pm me your details(phone no, name etc) and I'll have someone look at this for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭query

It's an unbundled esat exchange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 arcticcandy

Actually Esat prolly not telling fibs. I've heard from a VERY reliable source that the problem is just that there isn't any more slots for DSL in that exchange. It's happened before and means that neither Eircom or any of their customers eg, Esat, Netsource etc can get dsl till they get it sorted. So not actually brokenness as it doesn't affect any existing customers, just means that no new customers can get in there till they buy the thingy. (Thingy being the thing they put the new customers into :) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i'm on iol advantage+ off the beggars bush exchange (just in the last couple of weeks) but i was waiting 3 months to get up and running. don't know if they use the same ports for residential as for business or not tho. :\

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

just means that no new customers can get in there till they buy the thingy. (Thingy being the thing they put the new customers into :) )

The DSLAM thingy?

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/howitworks/dslam.asp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

vibe666 wrote:
    don't know if they use the same ports for residential as for business or not tho. :\

No they don't (or shouldn't). :D See the link in the post above this.

Advertisement