Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL packages...which one?

• 08-09-2004 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭

Obvously the 1.5mb is best. But other than for downloading large files, would I see much difference in gaming, browsing the web, etc, if on the 300 and 750 connection?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

For surfing the web/gaming, the 300kbps connection is grand. If you are going to be downloading the odd file then it wouldnt be too bad either (you will probably get download speeds of about 30-35k per second).

If you were downloading mp3's and demos, that sort of thing, then it might be better going for the 700kbps connection (about 80k per sec download speeds).

The 1.5meg connection gives about 180k/sec download speeds.

All depends on how much you want to download and how often. Because the connection is always on, even a slower download rate doesnt mean that you are restricted in what you download. For instance, if you download the odd patch or demo, it doesnt really matter that it takes longer as you werent going to be using your connection for anyhting else really anyway.

For what you want though, (gaming & web) the 300 would be fine although its nice to have the extra bandwidth just in case - I would recommend the 700 connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭mrblack

Have to agree with Boro. I had the 600k (now 750k) package for a year and it was super -I downloaded everything I could find. Now that i just surf and use email the 300k package is fine and it saves me a 15 euros a month. Although I do notice that a web page takes 1/2 a second to appear vs almost instantaneous with my old package.

Advertisement