Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vodafone wap service

Options
  • 08-09-2004 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi,
    i recently got a samsung e700 off a friend in england. It was locked to the Orange network but has since been unlocked.
    I'm a Vodafone pay as you go customer so i have a vodafone sim.(obviously)
    All the WAP and MMS settings on the phone were reset when i got it so i can't send mms or use wap etc.
    I've been trying to find out what settings are used, but haven't been very successful.
    Can someone post them for me, or is it possible for me to enable the wap, with the phone having been locked to orange previously.
    PS is vodafone Live! just vodafone's name for their wap service??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

The settings for Vodafone's MMS & WAP settings can be found in the sticky thread here. Just put them into the phone and it should work. It won't matter than the phone was previously on the Orange network.

Ignore the WAP 2.0 settings in the thread as your phone isn't WAP 2.0 compliant.
    is vodafone Live! just vodafone's name for their wap service?

The WAP end of Vodafone live! is like a colour version of WAP. Also, most new phones coming out on Vodafone will be live! versions which mean they are customised to Vodafone's live! style i.e. Vodafone customised menu system, embedded Vodafone media bookmark, Vodafone logos printed onto phone cases etc. It's all a bit much in my opinion.

I'm pretty sure the E700 isn't supported on the live! platform, so when entering the settings from that thread, use the standard WAP settings and not the live! ones.

Hope that helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭subbed

Cheers fidelis,
    I had been putting in the live settings.
    Seems to work ok now

Advertisement