Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casemod: Project Desert Demon

Options
  • 08-09-2004 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭

Hey peeps,

Been modding cases for a while but I was never 100% happy with them so I never bothered posting them online. A few of you might have seen my Shuttle (with LCD in the front) at Darkside lan but that'd be about it. Thought it's time to break that habit and finally post something up.

The case I used is a standard Lian Li (PC 6002 I think). I called the project desert demon as you can see (from the pics), I tried to create a canyon/desert effect with the paint. The demon part comes from... well.... the rest (severed head and claw marks!). After I attached the piece of severed head (cut the back off it, it's filled with foam), I smoothed it out using auto body filler (some of ye modders might of heard of stuff called Bondo people in the States use, it's pretty much the same).

small_desdem_esideshot2.jpg

The paint is a fleckstone effect paint, the head was a prop I had from a while back. The claw in the side is a mini window, cut the holes with a dremel, and there's a cold cathode in the case. I'm still (as usual) not 100% happy with it, and need to make a few small changes and finishing touches, but it's pretty much done.

Here's a few bigger shots...

Same pic as above but larger
    A shot of the side panel cuts
    Another shot from the side
    A shot from the top, closer to the head

Sorry about the quality of the pics, camera isn't great and I took the pics in the evening so it's a little dark. Will see about getting a better pic during the day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Looks very nice, must have taken alot of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

"Head" and sholders above the rest ...... (what sorta crap am i comming out with now) .

How did you get such a good grain/sand effect? Down to the paint?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Aah loki, c'mon now ;)

It's a stone effect paint, B&Q have it (a few other places aswell). The top part has some auto boder filler generally to give it more texture aswell, but mostly the paint did the work itself.

• Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭Azza

Nice where did you get that replica of my brothers face :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

That is the most ununsual case ever. :D Its in a class of its own .

• Advertisement
Advertisement