Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl walkie talkie € 29.99 is it PMR ?

• 08-09-2004 6:23pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/index.nsf/pages/c.o.oow.20040909.p.WTalkie
    Range up to 3km (open field). 8 channels / 38 CTCSS subcodes

so is this PMR ?
    and if so is it a resonable price ?

(3km with a large pinch of salt..)

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/index.nsf/pages/c.o.oow.20040909.p.WTalkie
    Range up to 3km (open field). 8 channels / 38 CTCSS subcodes

so is this PMR ?
    and if so is it a resonable price ?

(3km with a large pinch of salt..)

Yes and Yes .. it seems to be rare enough (but I'm sure I will be proved wrong) to get CTCSS at such a price...the pmr446user. The Delboy 446 page or forum had some mention of them..

As for range - I'm sure it's achievable in unobstructed open air - however I was out in Curabinny forest last weekend and had a pair of motorla 5512 and the range wasn't great..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

There are two in each pack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Thats not them OFDM, dont know much about radios but there is a pair of Binatone MR200 in Argos for €29.50 and for an extra 15yoyo you can get a pair with rechargable batts and a desktop pod so I wouldnt go rushing into lidl for these

Advertisement