Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BG2 Temple, and a certain beastie within *****SPOILERS*****

Options
  • 18-10-2000 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

Anyone tried to kill, or actually killed the Shadow Dragon in the temple?? I gave it a couple of shots when I got there, but gave up soon enough - tough ba$tard smile.gif

Now I have Jaheira chatting me up too - flaming eck as if i didn't have enough trouble with people trying to kill me etc. smile.gif

btw this really is the most immersive game I have ever played.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

There are multiple romances. Vironcas is probably the weridst as you have to smack her about a bit.

As for the shadow dragon it was easy. Here's what I did.

Your invisible to the dragon when standing at the outside edges. The dragon also doesn't go offensive until it sees you and talks.

So I casted some elementals and told them to into the center on the other side of where my casters were.

All my characters had pixie dust running so I got two of the mages in and they both cast Breach + Lower resistance at the same time (casting time is the same, use the autopause to help). Now when thier spells go off the dragon goes on the offensive but the elementals attack first distracting it.

After that all my mages cast area effect spells (cloud kill, death cloud, ice storm, etc) while the fighters distracted it. Make sure your fighters have death ward and other protections to survive the area effect spells.

Lastly the dragon attempts to heal itself near the end, so I had my druid cast Insect swarm to disrupt it's spell casting, while my main used "The Slayer" ability to finish him off.

If you don't have "The Slayer" ability you might want to wait smile.gif (I've killed 3 liches 1 on 1 with Slayer ability smile.gif )

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I considered using a summoned army to attack the thing but he seemed to make short work of elementals so I didn't bother.
    What is the slayer ability. My main guy is a wizard slayer - is it something to do with that? If it is be cryptic & don't spoil the fun!
    Is it worth killing the shadow dragon, in terms of xp & items?

I'm in the windspear hills at the moment and I'm afraid that there's something REALLY big down that pit in the ruins.

*SPOILER* (you have been warned.

Irenicus plans to steal your lifeforce to save his life, but in stealing your soul he allows the power of Bhaal to manifest itself in you. That ability is "The Slayer".

For the first few times, you cannot control the Slayer ability. You turn into a massive demon who can rip the strongest creature shreads. Lets just say for the first few times when you rest, make sure all your team is invisible as you turn into the slayer and kill the lot of them. smile.gif (You can go toe to toe with an arch lich and win)

When you can finally control the slayer it costs 2 Rep points to change, and you die if you stay the slayer too long. You also get poisoned when you change back so I recommend you let your main character wear a magic item that protects them against poison.

Also the dream sequence is intresting, the people in the dream aren't what they seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

somehow I get the feeling that the words "be cryptic" escaped Hobbes' notice....

nice spoiler space though...Vaaaast tracts o' land.Vast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by Maximilian:

Is it worth killing the shadow dragon, in terms of xp & items?

45,000 exp and no items - so basically its not really worht the aggro.

• Advertisement

No no no!!! Take the Shadow Dragons scales!!

Then go to Cromwell the dwarf and he will make shadow armor. The stuff rocks if you put it on a thief.

Bugger it. can you get back in there once you've left?? I got some fairly decent items on that Shade Lord lad and thought that was the general reward for finishing that bit off.

yes you can. Go back to hills and you appear where the shade lord stone was. There are steps down into the dungeon from there.

Forgot to mention, the Shadow dragon also has a scroll called "Crom Faeyr".

This allows Cromwell to make a weapon of the same name. The weapon is lethal (eg. kills any kind of orge, golem in one hit amoung other abilities).

Just killed it anyway via the old cheese ball method of casting 3 fogs of death and 2 cloud kills with it just outside my vision - worked a treat and i even had time to go get a beer from the fridge while it choked smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Ah, the lazy man's method. I love it.

Advertisement