Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vieira OUT !

• 08-09-2004 6:38pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Vieira picked up 2 yellow cards in the match against the Faroe Islands and will miss the Irish game, Oct 9th.

He deserved the first for a bad tackle but got the second for falling in the box and seemed a little harsh.

Either way, nothing but good news for us....

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Ponster wrote:
    Vieira picked up 2 yellow cards in the match against the Faroe Islands and will miss the Irish game, Oct 9th.

He deserved the first for a bad tackle but got the second for falling in the box and seemed a little harsh.

Either way, nothing but good news for us....
    2 yellow cards? Did the referee remember to give him a red this time? :)

Great news for Ireland, bad news for me should I get to go to the match. Bah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Just to add. There's 10 minutes left and its only 2-02 to France. Saha went off injured after 9 minutes and was replaced by Cisse. We have a great chance of beating this poor French team next month. Cisse and Guily with the goals BTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Magic news TBH.

We have to fancy our chances against them, they're all over the place at the moment.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Irelands performance tonight wasn't exactly confidence inspiring stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

kaids wrote:
    Irelands performance tonight wasn't exactly confidence inspiring stuff.

Yeah, after that 90 minutes I'm nowhere near as confident...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

Yeah, after that 90 minutes I'm nowhere near as confident...

We were lucky to get the draw. Who played well?
    Given: mercifully Because he bloody well had to

Roy Keane: anonymous apart from the odd howler like that suicidal back pass

Andy Reid: Was that the same player that was MOM on Saturday? Was he even on the pitch?

Defence in general: Brittle as an old granny with osteoporosis

Duffer: the odd flash of brilliance but he's always going to be double teamed so he needs more support than he's getting and he needs to use it too.

Seems like the Nor Iron v Wales bout, sorry match, was the one to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I think France could be in trouble if they don't get their act together I mean drawing with Israel at home is a very poor result. Ireland and the Swizz could go through yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

I think we will beat the french, especially with Zinedine Kilbane ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

eirebhoy wrote:
    Just to add. There's 10 minutes left and its only 2-02 to France.

What? Where they playing GAA?? ;)

It's good news for us alright. Would've of liking to see him play when I go over next month, but I'll live with it.
    I wouldn't say that France are there for the taking, but there is certainly a chance for us to get something out of the game, considering their up and down performances as of late.

I think one of the most important things going for us is the fact they we will be playing two of our most important matches, France and Switzerland at home, at the end of the Group Stages and not at the beginning which has nearly always been the case. It gives us the inevitable home advantage that we might need come the end of next year.

AFAIK this is something that the FAI pushed for, and for that I think this is something that they deserve some credit for.

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

BaZmO* wrote:
    ......It gives us the inevitable home advantage that we might need come the end of next year.

AFAIK this is something that the FAI pushed for, and for that I think this is something that they deserve some credit for.

B.

That's about all the credit they deserve!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

the "new" fai really knows what its at, anyone get theose banger yolks and carlsberg hats at the cyprus game! finally, 30 eurobucks well spent!

i'll be at the french game anyhoo, cant wait! i dont think the french are anywhere NEAR the team they were!

Wasnt the israel game their first qualifier in 11 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

VinnyL wrote:
    the "new" fai really knows what its at, anyone get theose banger yolks and carlsberg hats at the cyprus game! finally, 30 eurobucks well spent!

i'll be at the french game anyhoo, cant wait! i dont think the french are anywhere NEAR the team they were!

Wasnt the israel game their first qualifier in 11 years?

Gotta love those carlsberg hats :rolleyes: :)

I'll be over in Paris myself, I was quite looking forward to the game but
    I have to say after last night performance I am a little worried!

You're right Vinny, the Israel game was thier first qualifier in 11 years!

/Kone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Magic news TBH.

We have to fancy our chances against them, they're all over the place at the moment.

i bet england thought that with 2 minutes to go...

nah, france, like germany are a team that may not be as good as they used to, but not a team i would ever write off.

i mean, remember, everyone said germany were crap in the last world cup, worst team ever. got to the finals didnt they... (where they were crap)

i would be happy with 2 draws with france, 2 with switzerland, and try and lash a load past the rest.

Advertisement