Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How's School?

Options
  • 08-09-2004 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I was just wonderin how everyones findin school, cus iv been bac a week and I have soooo much homework! :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Stephen Forde

hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahaha.

God thank god im a boy since most girls get like 50 million times more

homework than us boys(usually anyway). School is as exciting as usual. And

5th year is not too much fun....too much homework although, its actually not

much but much more than im used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I just do mine on the bus in the mornings. I love fourth year. It's great being actually able to get it all done on the bus. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

I just do mine on the bus in the mornings. I love fourth year. It's great being actually able to get it all done on the bus. :p

Dam you, I'm in fourth year and i got 40mins-1hr of maths homework

That's what you get for waking me. God is punishing you for me Bowler!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Stephen Forde

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA(another evil laugh bcos u get more maths homework than i do actual homework)
    Im in 5th year and it sux lots. But the works gotta be done sumtime!!!

4rth year rox..........its like a year of nothing but nothing is always fun to do all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

I did fourth year last year and i have to say id thought it wuld be a whole heep off s*it!!

But im surprised really.......I no alot more aswell heres how i do my ole Obair baile! ;)

I do my french at my break, :rolleyes:
    Maths in french, :rolleyes:
    English and irish in pe :rolleyes:

So id get no homwork !Id have it all done b4 id get home! :D

Thats the life!
    :p
    But all my friends are in 6th year and im in 5th :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭HeyYou

Ah school... I remember that...College starts on monday for all of us UCD students, im comimng home from my travels on Friday, boo! Don't take fourth year too seriously, my one was really crap. If you don't make an effort to do stuff though its not worthwhile at all. Enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

School sucks monkey cock as per usual! I got a s***eload of homework for the first few days and I have a new maths/Science teacher who is a total spa. My geography teacher has stopped hating me though which is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

OMG do i hate school teachers are piling on the home work cause we have the Junior Cert this year. i got a freakin 9 page essay to do on The Merchant of Venice,the biggest load of rubbish ever,theres a new principal who is the worst pain ever she's taken rules that we never even knew existed(cause my old principal couldnt bother)and enforced them-the whole school are probably planning a rebellion.

The best thing is watching all the little first years running to class as soon as the bell rings while me and my friends are like 'What class are we supposed to be in now? English? Oh thats ok we've got 10 mins he wont notice we're gone anyway'

The first years this year think they're so hot its ri-goddamn-diculous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Similar scenario on me with new principal!

The merchant of vencice ehh? I rember reading that!9 pages essay! :eek:

The best thing is watching all the little first years running to class as soon as the bell rings while me and my friends are like 'What class are we supposed to be in now? English? Oh thats ok we've got 10 mins he wont notice we're gone anyway'

The first years this year think they're so hot its ri-goddamn-diculous!
    last year the first years thought they owned the school and one in particular kept on rugby tackling me in the corridor(they had no concept of the tradition of 2nd years pickin on them) and then nearly cried when i kicked her 'by accident'. and they were so god damn accident prone i think everyone of them broke some bone at least once if not twice

this year they're so small and quiet and spend most of their time wandering round the corridors cause they cant find their class room

Oh yeah, I remember the junior cert. It's a load of crap. Don't worry and don't take it seriously. It means nothing.

This year they're just plain small. It so strange! Like, my year is pretty small but with the first years its like 'hello? Where are you?'

The best bit was the weird looks me and my friends got throwing ourselves against the broken vending machione (R.I.P.) In a desperate attempt to get it working again (Funnily enough it didnt) I think we really scared them....

i dont give a **** bout the Junior Cert. some of our 2nd year summer test were honours junior cert papers from past years and i got 8 A's WOO go me :cool:
    i've got a perverted French teacher.he married a past pupil right after she graduated and he used to teach her.we only started the 2nd year french book and obviously im in 3rd year.hope he gets fired.

did anybody else do the European Language Portfolio (waste of my life).we spent more time on that then we did on learning french.the only good thing about it was i got out of my Irish Listening summer test cause i had to go to Trinity for some award my friends were receiving for the ELP and i was a guest
    last year they took all the fizzy drinks out of our vending machines :mad: now it just water and powerade. but if we push the glass we can reach in and steal some of the drinks. i always steals our money or the odd time give us too much change but its never correct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Shiney wrote:
    and then nearly cried when i kicked her 'by accident'.

*slap*

Don't hit girls. Even in retaliation. It's just not right

But oh-so-fun!

Raphael wrote:
    *slap*

Don't hit girls. Even in retaliation. It's just not right

im also a girl so i dont care plus she's is just a total bitch.
    im just and innocent little Catholic schoolgirl-or so the teadhers think ;)

Oh. Thats all right then. Sorry, you can't determine gender through text

*punches self in face for slapping you*

Shiney wrote:
    im also a girl so i dont care plus she's is just a total bitch.
    im just and innocent little Catholic schoolgirl-or so the teadhers think ;)

W00t! Go Innocent Catholic All-Girl schools! Full of sweet, charming girls!

• Advertisement

just have one more thing to say bout the whole 'boys dont hit girls issue'.try telling that to this eejit in my class in CTYI '04 who tried(but failed)to attack me in the quad (even though i didnt provoke him in the slightest bit) did it 'for the craic'

(oh my god the amount of times i spell stuff wrong by accident i've had to edit nearly all of my posts-if i didnt edit it, it has mistakes in it -i'm in a bad mood so need to complain about as many things as possible)

Were I in your school, I would try. In the half-brick sense of the word

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

is TY mandatory in everyones school? its not in mine thank god so yay I'm in 5th year, JC results next week(arrgghhh), but yep, schools going fine so far, nearly no homework. we have an absolute genius of a maths teacher but he gives us only about 3 questions for homework. that was all I had tonight..hell yeah, lack of homework rocks!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

JC results? Homework? School?

LOL.

TY is optional for me, thats why I'm in 5th year. Hurrah for getting to college that one little year earlier

\o/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Naeny wrote:
    I was just wonderin how everyones findin school
    No, I still haven't found my school yet, thank you for asking

Raphael wrote:
    TY is optional for me, thats why I'm in 5th year. Hurrah for getting to college that one little year earlier

\o/

damn right!
    I'm gonna be 21 when I finish college if I go to Trinity and 20 in UCD.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

I'll be 21 when I finish. 20 weeks of lectures left in my degree.

halenger wrote:
    I'll be 21 when I finish. 20 weeks of lectures left in my degree.

Lucky!
    what are you doing btw?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

heh skewl is grand 5th yr is a piece of piss so far but dats probly coz our skewl hasn't dun much yet.any1 who tinks dey like accountin for jc and wants to do it for lc den don't, it's actually borin as ****e and confusin as hell.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement