Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU Quakenet IRC channel.

• 08-09-2004 8:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭

just to let you all know theres a dcu irc channel on quakenet.

channel: #dcu

a few of us that already used quakenet set up the channel last year. its independant of any clubs or socs.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I was in the Redbrick one, and it was totally empty. Just a bot mod in there. Twas boring. Yeay for this one.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Jesjes wrote:
    I was in the Redbrick one, and it was totally empty. Just a bot mod in there. Twas boring. Yeay for this one.

There're 33 nicks in #lobby atm...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

What's the lobby? DCU, or just a better chat room?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

#lobby is the main channel on the redbrick irc network.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭spoon

#lobby is pants.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

#you is pants!

Get OUT.
    MSN clearly you.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

It's a waste of time having one on Quakenet or anywhere other than redbrick because if > 5 people go in then they'll be G-Lined.

Anyhow quaknet is dodgy fairly often. Especially ign.

Only time you'll have somewhere other than #lobby busy is when redbrick goes down which is seldom and not usually for very long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

halenger wrote:
    It's a waste of time having one on Quakenet or anywhere other than redbrick because if > 5 people go in then they'll be G-Lined.

Not for months and months. DCU has a Quakenet trust now. This covers connections from Redbrick too.

Didn't think anyone had bothered. :)

Anyhow it still sucks. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭spoon

dregin-x wrote:
    #you is pants!

Get OUT.
    MSN clearly you.
    dont make me go upside your head!

and its not a waste of time having both, some people arent in redbrick, so i hear...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Im always sitting in Quakenet. Too lazy to bother connecting to anything else tbh.

halenger wrote:

Anyhow quaknet is dodgy fairly often. Especially ign.

Only time you'll have somewhere other than #lobby busy is when redbrick goes down which is seldom and not usually for very long.

its really only a channel for people that already use quakenet for gaming or whatever. We've been using it for a year now and during term time its fairly busy(totally dead during the summer).

Whatever floats your boat. :)

Redbrick lobby's alive during the summer (i.e. now). As for not being a member of redbrick. Ask a brickie how to connect. Preferably one who knows how to what they're talking about and uses RB lobby. They'll tell you how you can connect member or no member.

you don't seem to understand that the channel isn't to compete with #lobby. its just an extra channel for people that use quakenet for gaming or #boards.ie or whatever. i wouldn't recommend someone that doesn't already use quakenet to join the channel.

Right so. :)

I'm not meaning to sound like I feel it's competition. I just prefer to keep things in one place! Handier. Too many windows in irssi as it is! ;)

yea i know what you mean. most of the people that use the quakenet channel also use #lobby anyway.

last year the channel was mainly used by people on res. we used it to organise lan games, file sharing, etc.

Advertisement