Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

song from the oc

• 08-09-2004 9:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭

can anyone tell me the title of the song and who performs it that was played as painface i mean seth makes it just in time to snog marrissa's face off at the new years eve party?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

It is probably one of these: Music featured in the episode included: "Selling Submarines" by The Pattern "Make Up Your Mind" by The Vacation "Walking On Moonlight" by Brookeville "We've Had Enough" by Akaline Trio "Destiny" by Zero 7 Photec Remix "Walkaway" by Dropkick Murphy's "Ratso Rizzio" by Laptop "Just A Ride" by Jim "Overdriver" by Singapore Sling "Did You Ever Get A Feeling of Dread?" by Suicide Machines "Flowers" by The Flaming Sideburns "Dice" by Finley Quaye & Beth Orton.

from http://www.tvtome.com/OC/guide.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

its ryan who snogs marissa's face off.

anyway, in conclusion if you type

oc music new years eve

into google, you get the following link.

http://www.whatsthatcalled.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1191

So thats what the internet says it is,

Finley Quaye "Dice"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

This song is available on the OC soundtrack as well; it's listed as
    "Dice" - Finley Quaye & William Orbit. Good tune. Good album, overall, actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I don't like the OC soundtrack, too bland and unadventurous, there were much better songs featured on the show itself than were put on the soundtrack cd. But Dice is a very fine tune (as is "The Dandy Warhols - We used to be friends"). In fact when I saw this thread title I thought to myself "he has to be talking about Dice, it's the best song they've featured" :)

And it's Ryan who snogs her face by the way. Seth's cool, can't call him painface :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Stark wrote:
    I don't like the OC soundtrack, too bland and unadventurous, there were much better songs featured on the show itself than were put on the soundtrack cd. But Dice is a very fine tune (as is "The Dandy Warhols - We used to be friends"). In fact when I saw this thread title I thought to myself "he has to be talking about Dice, it's the best song they've featured" :)

And it's Ryan who snogs her face by the way. Seth's cool, can't call him painface :)

There is an element that some of the material feature on the soundtrack may have been the cheaper option, compared to some of the songs they could have used. That said, how many soundtracks comes out these days with material not even USED on the show or film, but "Inspired by..." That's even more annoying.

Strangely, "Hallelujah" by Jeff Buckley from the first season finale was not on this album, but I found it on Scrubs' soundtrack instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

ok my bad ryan is the lucky bastard who gets with marrissa and seth is the lucky bastard who gets with anna, while the dad is lucky cos his wife is a milf........ great show

thanks for the info on the song

Advertisement