Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BG2 quest question ***spoilers immediately***

Options
  • 31-10-2000 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

This is about the Druids Grove quest.

I got bored with Jaheira's *****ing and moaning about the city, so I decided to take a wander in the countryside and butcher a few animals.

Thing is, I'm getting stitched by multitudes of trolls. After the slog through the forest (hehe, that was fun smile.gif ) I've entered the shadow druid's lair - like her decorator! -
    meet four trolls straight off. Fine, no problems. well, a little bit battered afterwards but able to go on. Then I meet the three giant trolls. Now *they* kick me in places where a man should never be kicked!

I survive that, barely, and then meet trols and spiders! That's as far as I get.

So. I can't even get to the druid, how am I supposed to get someone to go one-on-one with her in a druid's challenge? Does Jaheira or Cernd have to be 14th level to make the challenge? What level should I be doing this quest at?

Another question, in the marketplace, I meet three shadow thieves getting mauled by what I think is a vampire - level drain gives it away methinks. Do I help her or the thieves? Do I stand back and enjoy the show, or do I leg it?

Answers on a postcard and sent to
    "I like this game but I'm having a hard time remembering to do quests cos there are so many"

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

So. I can't even get to the druid, how am I supposed to get someone to go one-on-one with her in a druid's challenge? Does Jaheira or Cernd have to be 14th level to make the challenge? What level should I be doing this quest at?

The challange for the grove is the players keep quest for Druids. You do not need to be level 14 to complete the shadow druid quest.

As for the vampire you meet thats where the good/evil main plots switch over. The thieves guild is kind of good quest and if you work for the vampires that's the evil quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

fair enough, but

"she is immune to all external damage and can only be injured in a challenge"

I take the challenge to be the one on one fight to control the grove as in druid vrs. druid. If they aren't high enough level to control the grove they just beat her and go on their merry way.

The problem is that, my main character (fighter 9th level) could probably take out a 14th level druid if he gets in close and disrupts spells, but him not being a druid wouldn't let him issue the challenge (would it?) , and I can't see Jaheira or Cernd beating anything better than a wombat (asleep and tied up) in a one on one fight. Unless Cernd's staff and armour come into it.

By the way, any antidote potions in the lair?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Cernd is an excellent fighter. Here's what I did to beat the shadow druid (and it was hard).

First I buffed up Cernd with other peoples spells and cast pixie dust+improved invisiblty. He can't use his items, but he can be buffed.

Now I sent in my main to issue the challange on cernds behalf.

Once inside the pit she won't attack Cernd until he becomes visible. So the first spell I let off with is Insect swarm. This has 100% spell disruption. I couldn't stop her spell sequencers but it stops her from doing anything else but attacking you.

Next was a Nymph, and got the nypmh to cast domination. Now while she was held with domination I cast monster summon and summon fire elemental and blessed and chanted them all.

Then I got them all to lay into her, with domination you can also stop her from attacking or fire off her spells premature.

When she is almost dead she turns into a greater werewolf. This thing will rip you to shreads. The objective here is to cause as much pain as possible on the werewolf. At that point I still had 2 summoned creatures so I polyed into a werewolf (special ability) and laid into her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Jaheira actually kicks some ar$e I reckon - I have her up front with Korgan as one of 'tanks'

As for this challenge - I just nominated Cernd to fight the other wan (Cernd was not in my party). Cernd hopped in and beat the $hit out of her with ease - he turned into a bear or something and just got stuck in, I dont think the oppo got a single hit in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Horny

ya same here troy... maybe me iz playing on too easy a difficulty level.

anyway BUTT KICKING FOR GOODNESS biggrin.gif !!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement