Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

incident on final table 'payday monday'

Options
  • 08-09-2004 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭

This is not charity related it is about a call made which confused me watching it from the side:

Dave as we all saw had a good few drinks on and was acting it up aswell and the confusion basically happened because of him. 5 players left, 5th gets his money and 4th makes 200 or so, so to say the play was just stealing blinds was an understatement.Dave is on BB and starts counting out 6k in 500 chips so by the time he gets near to his objective of posting the blind UTG, Paul, has folded, Krusty has folded??, Ross in seat 5 has gone all in for 11.5k small blind folds, we all look to Dave he is still counting and getting frustrated and picks up a 5k + 1k chip and is told ross has gone all in, he pulls back the 500 chips and throws down the 2 chips saying "that saves all the trouble, you can just take it".
    The dealer, mags, thought he had called. and pulled in all chips saying turn them over and throws over the flop. Ross turns over his A8d and then somebody points out he didnt actually call the bet, ross says he assumed dave had just sacraficed the pot and was showing his cards to the table.

Lots of himming and hawing follows
    Soultions proposed are random,
    :a new flop with dave being alowed to bet even though he knows ross' cards, and other suggestions, basically Dave hadn't decided if he was going to call, and cards were exposed, what should happen?

The decision taken was
    Ross was handed the pot without much real explination and lots of confusion

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

That sounds like the wrong decision to me.
    Something similar happened to me a while back, and If I recall correctly, the hand was played out with the person who saw the exposed cards being able to use the information and decide on that basis whether to call or not.

Also, Chris (hyzepher) had something like that happen a few weeks ago in the Fitz, Danielle was dealing and she mistakenly told the players to put them " on their backs". Chris turned his over and it was then realised that the neither player were all in (I think). The other player was given the option to call or fold, having seen the hand.

I hope the above makes sense (I'm a bit tired this morning), perhaps Chris can clarify what exactly happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

This was the incident I had alluded to on another thread (I see the light).
    Mags was at a loss of what exactly should be done.. She said she would check it out later and get back to us, but didn't.

The way I see it, Dave surrendered his BB, and then he saw that Mags was after dealing out the flop (Ross had flipped over his cards at this stage). Figured it might be worth a shot. Took a few glances at his cards, compared them to Ross' (which were exposed), realised he'd need to put in an extra 5.5K (probably to be well behind). He may have hit something on the flop, but when Mags decided the flop would be re-dealt, he graciously surrendered his chips (for a second time!).

Who knows what the right decision would have been, but it should never have gotten that far. Dave's cards weren't even in front of him at the time. He had to reach over to pick them up, where he had left them (and where Mags hadn't noticed them).

Ross wasn't handed the pot. Mags asked Dave for another 5.5K chiips to see another flop, which he declined.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

That sounds like a different situation to what I thought, so I reckon what I said may not be valid.
    Confusing.

I'm sure these guys would know:
    International Poker Federation

Advertisement