Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borstal Boy

Options
  • 08-09-2004 10:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭

It probably makes sense that only mods and inmates can post in the prison forum.

However, would it be possible to configure this so that people could post, like annonymous posts, subject to mods approval?

This would not be anonymous (which would be too much work), the moderator would often only have to read the posters name (before clicking delete). Ok it is more work for the mods - but this could be fun - or even free-psychotherapy for the inmate :cool:

If this is possible, should a moderator be appointed as Guv'nr?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Prison already has a moderator and this woudn't happen unless he was willing to take it on.

Even so, Prison has a limited use for anyone who happens to get banned unfairly or who wants to appeal their case. Providing a platform for attention whoring and abuse giving doesn't immediately seem like the best idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

ecksor wrote:
    Providing a platform for attention whoring and abuse giving doesn't immediately seem like the best idea.
    Well I have to concede that. Posts for "What a great guy he is -what's he doing in here" would probably be few and far between.

My idea of this was:Most posters - delete. Recognizable purveyors of truth - read and optionally delete. Giving the moderator the chance to give the inmate advice from people, or truth about themselves.

However, this would only work if there were only one 1 in 3 or 4 posts worth posting. I suspect the moderator would be deleting 99 out every 100.

Didn't realise there already was a moderator. Just thought such a job might appeal to somebody.

Is there anyone perhaps who he would trust enough to appoint as a sub-moderator to do this task? Or is this even possible?

I.e. the sub-mod would have obviously far fewer privileges than the boss, i.e. could mark a posting for deletion - making it invisible - but the boss has to approve or disapprove the deletion. This would I suspect be of interest in every other forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Are prisoners not allowed receive letters? OK fair enough the Guv'nor gets to censor them....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

I was actually think of getting "Elivs" made to hang around my neck, but the locals where I live (esp older generation) will likely come after me with baseball bats :)
    Have to admit I tend to steer clear of politics unless I can agree with something. After hours is where I find myself most of the time. I guess that's admission :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Hmmm...visiting hours. Could work, but it's have to be pre-modded, along the lines of Letters to the editor.

Could work though....

Advertisement