Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who`s starting on monday?

Options
  • 09-09-2004 1:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

Im going into my first year of arts, Inaugural meeting is at 10am, im exicted but a bit nervous, is anybody else starting?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭asphalt-cushion

Yeah, i'm going in on monday. I can't wait. Do all first years have to meet in Reilly hall for lunch or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

i doubt they put all of ucd's freshers anywhere at once(cept maybe party... ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

You'll probably have this "welcome to college" talk in O'Reilly Hall. It's worth going, if only for the free UCD leather card wallets you get - 3 years on I still have mine! Have fun anyway, and remember you're in college to have a laugh, make friends and hopefully get a degree out of the whole thing!
    I'd strongly advise joining clubs and societies to get to know people. I joined on of the martial arts clubs at the start of 2nd year, and its one of the best moves I made in college. We've been away all over Ireland and gone to England as well on drinking trips/seminars - plus I've made some really good friends through the club. I'm going to be at the sports expo next week, so everyone feel free to drop by the stand have a chat :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Yeh im starting arts on monday.
    Oooooh etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭thebigmc

im startin architecture on monday- cant wait, i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

Starting Commerce on Monday. Rearing to go!! As far as I know we do all have to somewhere at 1.30pm on Monday for a welcome address from the President of the Uni.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

*cough*n00bs*cough*
    I remember that first day. Being shocked by the sheer amount of pink being worn by the commerce girls, and pigging out on the yummy 911 donuts. Because I'm going into 3rd year, not back until thursday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Being shocked by the sheer amount of pink being worn by the commerce girls
    Being shocked by how many FINE, HOT chicks there were in Arts and then....finding my computer science labs :p Oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

I'm starting Arts as well. Yay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭*Sinéad*

yeah i'm starting on monday(arts), I'm planning on doing linguistics, Italian and then maybe information studies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭DrColossus

thursday, 2nd sci! POO all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Food Science for me, 1st year talks on monday think lectures start thurs, suppose i should go get books and stuff, i cant fu#kin wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i'm finished i graduate in december go me

data dances

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Dataisgod wrote:
    i'm finished i graduate in december go me

data dances
    And what a good dancer you are.
    First year commerce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Just make sure to bring some sun glasses, the fake tan epidemic seemed to spreading the last time i was in ucd..its getting a tad bit disturbing at this stage..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Sarn

Noooo, the peace and quiet of Summer finally ends, even longer queues for food. On the plus side at least campus will get entertaining again, a new lease of life.

One last thing, parking. As there's no parking currently available with no students......prepare to circle for several hours or pay €90 to get a clamp off. To you freshers with cars (some are lucky/hardworkers), DO NOT park illegally, the clampers on campus are ruthless, no excuse, tears etc. work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Going in tomorrow for meeting and registering on Tuesday Im in arts the lectures dont start till thursday so I have a nice Wednesday off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Starting tuesday meself with a spot of electronic engineering

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Yeah, 3rd year E&E for me too...

I'm starting thursday but i got nabbed to be an Orientation Guide (wearing those blue T-shirts) so i've gotta go in tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭aSS g0BliN

yeah i'm starting today,...i'm actually writing this from one of the computer labs :) i'm doing computer science it seems like a really good collage :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

aSS g0BliN wrote:
    yeah i'm starting today,...i'm actually writing this from one of the computer labs :) i'm doing computer science it seems like a really good collage :cool:
    Poor you, I'm doing 4th year CS and I can tell you that UCD is crap for CS it's full of theory crap and very little practical stuff. As a matter of fact I dont even know when I'm meant to be in....I wasn't told. I was going to pop in today but I thought they would be dealing with the first years so I'll go in on the tuesday see what 4th years are meant to do. If I'm not meant to be in then I can always renew my student card. I don't even have a timetable :confused: UCD CS dept is a shambles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

aSS g0BliN wrote:

Yeah i was in the daedalus building today for the induction course of the student network .did you get your free disk key?it's pretty handy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I, like data..., just finished and I too am doing the dance of a graduand. Unfortunately I'm back, not satisfied with 4 yrs of CS, I'm off doing a masters in Carysfort, and working for Uni Ob.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

im starting on thurs too, 2nd arts. just back from amsterdam yesterday, it may not have been the wisest of ideas. my heads in a mess and im in no mood to start back after such a long break. the holidays are nice, but i cant even remember how to learn now!
    ugh. must go and get a timetable and a student card before thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

Starting 1st arts thursday too.

OMG i'm freakin' out here, feel so very old...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

The O`Reilly hall reception was class, the free food was lovely, and dave fanning presented it, oh and i got my picture taken by some camera guy so i could be on the website. I couldnt believe the amount of free stuff that was available after registering.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

I can't believe they still keep exhuming dave fanning to give those "hey, welcome to college" talks in o'reilly hall....

pfft almost didn't get into the bar tonight as i left my student card in budapest had to dig out an old school USIT card and then the bouncer was like, ok i'll let you in tonight.

on the up shot if you're a first year and you go the computer services intro lecture they give you a free 64mb pendrive

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

They wern't giving out free USB keys in my day...

So you still lurk around the college even though your finished Dataisgood? I suppose I'll be the same when I graduate from engineering, not wanting to go into the real world...hmm I must find out about doing a Postgraduate... :D

• Advertisement

yeah i justified by meeting my friends who are starting there masters for pints :)

Advertisement