Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Official] Battlefield Vietnam v1.2 Preview

Options
  • 09-09-2004 2:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭

Some pictures from the next BF:V Update, v1.2

1_2_screen_small.jpg

1_2_screen_02_small.jpg

Hopefully they shall have those many fecking bugs they added in the last patch ironed out in this patch. And also my Uber CTD problems.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Does that apc have a flame thrower?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

bizmark wrote:
    Does that apc have a flame thrower?

Yes.

They US Army did come to their sences and ass a nice napalm Flame Thrower onto the APC's. Makes it easier to burn down villages you see. Troopes never had to even get out of their tanks and fumble to find their Zippo's....

Shall be about as useful as the flamethrower in the WWII mod me thinks.

ah it wouldnt be so bad seeming the apc is armoured so you can afford to **** around burning people to death :p

bizmark wrote:
    ah it wouldnt be so bad seeming the apc is armoured so you can afford to **** around burning people to death :p

Yes, but only those noobs on EAUK would try to shoot at people hidden nicely inside a armored personnel carrier. You can find me running away like a coward trying to find some shealter to attack when there is a chance at winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

by the look of it just hiding beside it as ye do with a tank should still work fine, tho faster apc could make it a bit tougher if yer spotted..

• Advertisement

A couple more v1.2 screenies that were hidden on the EA ftp servers...

1. 0903.jpg 2. 0904.jpg
    [edit]Thumb pictures arnt loading but click on the image to see it

You can clearly see the 2 new veichles in the 2nd picture, and also the other new "M-132" Flame Thower in the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

are they just throwing pictures out at the moment or are is there any description of the additions they plan on adding?

'fraid it just EA trying to showing off some new stuff DICE have been working on for the patch. No real information on whats going to be in it yet.

However there shall be, by the looks of the at least 2 new US veichels, 1 new NVA one and also at least 1 map. And loads of cool new bugs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Irish_Kamikaze

Winters wrote:
    You can find me running away like a coward trying to find some shealter to attack when there is a chance at winning.
    The purpose of the tank is to flush the enemy out of a stronghold (houses bunkers hideing spots for cowards) I can only see this tank being used for this purpose as it will be useless against choppers and tanks! And what the hell is that in your picture 2 its like a triangle with wheels!

From EA today
    Battlefield Newsletter: SEPTEMBER 2004

The Action’s Getting Hotter in Battlefield Vietnam™
    Ten-hut, soldier! It’s time to re-up for more fearsome action in the jungle. In September, Digital Illusions and Electronic Arts are releasing version 1.2 for Battlefield Vietnam. Once again the Battlefield team has outdone itself by providing players with an unprecedented amount of new content and features; v1.2 offers three new maps, more firepower, and an all-new multiplayer feature.

From the NVA’s elaborate tunnel networks to Saigon’s war-torn streets, engage the enemy with nine powerful new armaments. Dominate the skies in a prop-driven A1 Skyraider, command a T-72 heavy battle tank in support of your infantry, man a chaingun in a circling AC-47, or defend your base with quad .50 caliber anti-aircraft machine guns. The number of weapons at your disposal has never been greater!

Take the Fight Underground
    Your nerves will be tested to the max as you pursue the enemy into dark, confined tunnel passages crisscrossing beneath the battlefield. With hidden or well-camouflaged entrances, these tunnels can be a huge asset to your team, allowing you to move undetected from one hotspot to another—as well as providing access to ammunition and health supplies. Expect heavy resistance when trying to secure tunnels, as the opposition will recognize their strategic value as well.

In addition to tunnels, you will encounter an extensive concrete sewer system under Saigon. Access tunnels and storm drains open up into large mechanical and electrical rooms, allowing for intense subterranean firefights. Capture these areas, and your team might be able to control the city.

Open Warfare in the City
    As the battle rages below, urban warfare explodes on the streets of Saigon. Lead a team from house to house and room to room as you fight to capture the city. Maneuver your tanks to guard the buildings, call in helicopter support to clear the streets, and use a well-aimed mortar round or bazooka blast to take out enemies lurking in the alleys or on rooftops.

In the fields outside of Saigon, go head-to-head with the enemy in massive armored clashes. For the first time, tanks play a major role in Battlefield Vietnam and offer the potential for large-scale WWII-style assaults. Command a Patton, Sheridan, or T-72, and eliminate opposition on the roads and airfields as your team advances across rice paddies and through villages. Or lead all of your team’s armor in an assault on the enemy base.

Keep Track of your Friends
    New maps and vehicles aren’t the only thing offered in v1.2. It also includes the option to apply unique color settings to screen names in your buddy list. Once buddies have been added to the list, you can manually adjust the RGB color settings of their screen names. The unique colors you’ve applied then appear in both the mini-map and 3D map!

Jump In… the Action’s Getting Hotter
    The new content and features offered by version 1.2 heighten the intensity of the Southeast Asian conflict. More maps, more vehicles, and more weaponry make this download a must for any fan of the game. With this significant upgrade, the Battlefield team has again proven its dedication to providing the community with the best in multiplayer arcade-style warfare.

Woo ... HOO! They finally got those tunnels working so. People have been looking in Battlecraft wondering what they hell they were for for a long time.

They mention nothing about fixing bugs so, I hope for the love of god we get many many more! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

looks like there is some nice additions coming along in this patch, i look forward to the new city map

I look forward to many more fun bugs!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

/me sits back to enjoy bug free gaming on nam

Winters wrote:
    I look forward to many more fun bugs!
    LoL so very true!

T-72's? jesus the yank tanks wont stand a chance ....Patch sounds the muts nuts tbh

Can't wait for the tunnel maps. Just think about this scaring the **** out of a noob with your blood lusting knife! Sweeeeeeeet!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

bizmark wrote:
    Hopefully it blows up big-time :cool:
    Winters wrote:
    Woo ... HOO! They finally got those tunnels working so. People have been looking in Battlecraft wondering what they hell they were for for a long time.
    Yippee. Official tunnels. I wonder will they much better than the home-made maps I've seen, with tunnels?

Also, the thing about colour-coding your mates; very handy for clan matches!

the_syco wrote:

Also, the thing about colour-coding your mates; very handy for clan matches!

Very good idea actuall, thx for reminding me!

New Version of Battlefield Vietnam LiveUpdate Client
    EA and AceGain present ByteSwarm LiveUpdate Version 2.0 for use in updating your Battlefield Vietnam client or server. ByteSwarm LiveUpdate will detect when a new version of Battlefield Vietnam is available (as when we release the 1.2 update in the near future) and allow you to quickly download and install the update. Using ByteSwarm LiveUpdate; you won't have to worry whether or not you are running the latest version of the game or if there is a new patch out there. ByteSwarm LiveUpdate will manage all of this for you. More information can be found at http://liveupdate.byteswarm.com.

ByteStorm LiveUpdate will install over and replace your current AceGain install. For more information on changes and additons to the LiveUpdate software, see the following links:
    Read the ByteSwarm DOC | Download ByteSwarm LiveUpdate

Battlefield Mod Update
    The Battlefield 1942 Mod Community remains alive and well with the recent release of Galactic Conquest .4 (and the subsequent .42 update). We want to take a moment to congratulate the Galactic Conquest mod team on a smooth release, as well as on the high quality bar they continue to set with each milestone (particularly in their innovative use of Objective Mode to create the epic space battles one would expect from their source material).

Excellent work, GC team! Keep it up.

For more information on the Galactic Conquest mod see www.galactic-conquest.net.

Patch 1.2 Update
    EA and DICE are heading into the home stretch and nearing Final Candidate status on the 1.2 Update. Since we're moving towards release, we wanted to take a few minutes to talk about a new feature we’ve been holding close to our collective vests, and also give a short update on some 1.1 issues that the community has been particularly vocal about.

First, the announcement: Battlefiled Vietnam 1.2 will include a brand new Spectator mode. At any time during a play, a user can jump into spectator mode by clicking the Spectator button on the Spawn Menu. The player can then choose to roam around in free cam, follow any player’s progress from follow-cam or watch the action from pre-set spawn point cameras. Jumping back to a team is then as easy as clicking the team’s flag on the Spawn Menu. We hope that this feature will be of great use in both casual play and clan matches.

Moving on, we'd like to talk a bit about the community bugs DICE is working to address in 1.2.

Here is an excerpt from the 1.2 Readme noting several community issues DICE has been working to address.
    • Tank splash damage against light and heavy vehicles now works.
    • Minimap sorting order altered so players are visible above the CP flags.
    • Performance problems resolved at the temple in HoChiMinh Trail and Cambodian Incursion.
    • Repeating napalm sound bug has been resolved.
    • The bug with grenades that goes through bridges has been resolved.
    • Parachute not opening properly on first key press.
    • Missing icon flashes for radio commands resolved.
    BALANCE/GAMEPLAY TWEAKS
    • Helicopter pads at main bases will not reload or repair helicopters occupied by enemy players, even after the control point is taken by the enemy. Note that this is determined by the team the player is on, not by the vehicle they are in.
    • Mi8 hitpoints reduced from 125 to 100. Rocket reload time increased from 3 to 4.5 seconds.

Special thanks go out to all the players who noted these issues in the forums at PlanetBattlefield. We appreciate how much you care about Battlefield Vietnam. For more information on the 1.2 Update, see the August Newsletter here.

Now get back on the battlefield soldiers!

From EAGames

Whoo Hoo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Repeating napalm sound bug has been resolved.
    Yippee!!! Its not just me going mad (or causing me to go madder :eek: )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

i've had it happen to me fairrly often now, but luckily i goes away if i just click on the sound menu. i don't have to do anything else. Sometimes it goes away when i press escape. its annoying having to go out of the game all the time though, so i'll be looking forward to the new patch. R they going to fix the vehicle noise when theres nobody in it bug in this patch?

suppafly wrote:
    R they going to fix the vehicle noise when theres nobody in it bug in this patch?

By any chance is this the bug were a machine gun from say a tank is non-stop firing and the only way to stop it, is by getting into the same thing thats making the noise, and fire it? Cuz this bug is impossible to get rid of if the viechal is blown up! Is there anyway of stopping it if the object has been blown up?

Advertisement