Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New terminus for routes 25, 26, 66, 67

• 09-09-2004 2:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭

From this Sunday* the city centre terminus for all the Lucan road routes will be moved to Pearse Street, opposite the Garda station they will also pick up on Westmoreland St and Wellington Quay but not Wood Quay where the current terminus is.

*Probably this Sunday but with the carry on in this city until it happens you can never be certain.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

Ah man, not another change. I was out of the country for a while and when I came back I went into town. On the way out I had to ask a Guard where the bus stop was! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

http://www.rte.ie/news/2004/0912/bus.html
    Bus services affected by strike action
    12 September 2004 12:21

Unofficial strike action at a Dublin bus depot affected a number of bus routes this morning.

Routes affected were all based at Conyingham Road garage and serviced the west of the city, including Lucan and Leixlip. Normal service has now resumed.

Drivers staged the two-hour work stoppage in protest over the relocation from today of a bus terminus from Wood Quay to Pearse Street.

Dublin Bus said it already has the full agreement of unions on the relocation plans.

Drivers will meet tomorrow with management to discuss their concerns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

It sounds like some of the drivers are acting like stupid little children over this. The change was agreed upon by the drivers weeks ago so this is just sh1t stirring of the worst kind.

Seemingly there is alot of petulant behaviour at Conyngham Road because there are major changes about to take place that some of the drivers are unhappy about. Lots of the drivers will be transferred to other garages as a new garage will soon be open in north Dublin and the numbers of buses at Conyngham Road will be drastically reduced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Conyngham Rd. is to be closed AFAIK to make way for that huge redevelopment of the 'westend' or whatever DCC are calling it.

Advertisement