Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Windows Media Player

Options
  • 09-09-2004 9:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Last night i tried to open a .mpg file with windows media player.I had opened the file last week without any problems but when i did it last night i couldn't see any picture but it played the sound alright.So i tried the same file on a different comp i have and it worked fine.Now when i select the file from it's folder it displays the picture of the first scene on the left hand window under file details.I'm using Win XP home edition and windows media player 9 anyone know what might be causing the problem?It's not just this particular file by the way it's all .mpg's and .wmv's etc. that have this problem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

TBH, i'm not sure what's wrong but have you tried a different media player on the comp that WMP is acting up on? Just to see if it is something conflicting with it as opposed to the files.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Gabbo

Cheers lads i'll give that a go when i get home tonight.

Advertisement