Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do the cops take Psychics seriously?

Options
  • 09-09-2004 9:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭

The reason that I ask this is that I know a psychic who does not want to reveal information that they have to a very high profile case that came to them in their usual daily psychic experiences. I have wanted to report what they told me for a long time but am afraid that I will become suspect number one in the investigation if I said anything, any ideas folks?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Supposedly many police forces around the world sometimes turn to psychics to help out with cases they can't otherwise solve. Not sure if the Gardaí are that liberated yet. Still, if you friend can prove he/she had nothing to do with the crime and can offer something that makes sense to them I'm sure they'd look into it. If you were to do it, it would probably make your friend look suspicious for having the information and not coming forward with it. They'd probably feel a lot better about it if it was kept quite too, i.e. between your friend and themselves directly, I don't think they'd be happy about the media finding out they're using psychics. On the other hand if your friend does give them information and they don't act on it the media could be a good way to get some action taken, especially the tabloids, and they'd probably be trustworthy enough to keep you and your friend anonymous.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Generally they don't, but if they are stumped, then maybe they will look.

Well any professional should go to the relevant authorities where they have information relating to a crime. It's an obligation that is there for doctors, psychologists, etc. Hiding behind "I don't know" doesn't cut it anymore.

Surely you psychic associate has some ethical standards? Are they just going to leave a criminal roam the streets?

Maybe your associate could telepathically communicate with the cops?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

This is a big case and I have no doubt that the whole of Ireland would be aware of it especially dubs, I just feel guilty seeing reminders of the case and thinking hmmm this could possibly be solved or brought forward if the info that she told me is true. It would at least give the cops some more info on the case and possibly help them go back over leads, although if what she said is true then it's far too late anyway. thanks for the input.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Victor wrote:
    Well any professional should go to the relevant authorities where they have information relating to a crime. It's an obligation that is there for doctors, psychologists, etc. Hiding behind "I don't know" doesn't cut it anymore.

In normal circumstances I would agree with you but where the info came from a psychic then I am not so sure, as I myself am sceptical even knowing their power.
    Victor wrote:
    Surely you psychic associate has some ethical standards? Are they just going to leave a criminal roam the streets?

Well my psychic associate is not a professional, just someone with a dark gift (in her case there is always misfortune with the dreams/visits) and to be honest it scares the **** out of her.

Victor wrote:
    Maybe your associate could telepathically communicate with the cops?

I think this is a joke, ha ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

Like the other posts have expressed, in other parts of the world it is not uncommon, these people are known as psychic investigators and often help locate missing people/bodies and offer vital information where investigations have fallen short.
    I don't think the gardai are that liberated (heh)..but I think you shuld encourage your friend to offer any information anyways..just be diplomatic about it. (he/she may just open their eyes to the possibilites)

• Advertisement
Advertisement