Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exchange ADSL-enabled but ADSL not available?

Options
  • 09-09-2004 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

It seems that the Roscrea exchange has been enabled fo ADSL, 7 months ahead of the March 05 deadline.
    That's got to be a good thing, no?
    Well, it would be, if Eircon hadn't told us they don't have any plans to release ADSL in the town until march 05, even though the exchange is ready....

Has anyone ever heard of same situation elsewhere? Why would they not release it?

Thanks
    Fabien

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Newspapers in Tipp need to be told today about the jobs that will have gone elsewhere by then :(

M

• Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

what you need is get in touch with local papers community chamber local business get them to put pressure onaccount managers it took a few months of complaining last year to get them to enable donegal town exchange it actually went live after i started trying to convince a wireless operator to move in (couple of days later the exchange went live) could be coincidence but whoi knows. i do know that the town wasn't even on the radar for dsl. also we got a couple of larger businesses to threarten to pull all the ericom business which seemed to focus their minds a bit.
    mind you my house still doesn't pass the line test.

Advertisement