Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connectivity within my house

• 09-09-2004 11:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've been pondering getting broadband in with ntl for the past couple of months and want to take the plunge fairly soon. However, I'm on dial up at the moment and my machine is located upstairs with the nearest phone connection point downstairs. It means I have to drag a 30 foot cable down the stairs each time I wanna logon. As you can tell that setup wont be acceptable for broadband, so my question is: do I extend the cable from the phone socket (along the walls, through the ceiling) or is there anyway to wirelessly broadcast the signal coming in with a small device (my ma would go mad if its any bigger than the phone) and pick it up upstairs with a wireless connection point? I haven't a clue bout such things so advise would be appreciated.

Cheerdom,

Tony

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Yea mate you can pick up a wireless router for that but im not sure it comes from the phoneline with NTL i think but im not sure it comes from the television coaxial cable.
    Pete.

Advertisement