Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

******BIG SPOILER******* - Firekraag

Options
  • 13-11-2000 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

OK, this is a Biiiiiiiig spoiler so don't read any further if you haven't done this quest. I NEED HELP!!!!!
    OK,

Firekraag is [in case someone looks but it's not hard to guess]. Fair enough.
    1. If I accept what he says, how do I kill the mage git when he d-doors upstairs? I arrive and he sequencers a shed load of protection spells! I literally can't touch him! (btw, in AD&D protection from normal weapons does not protect you from magical swords.. in BG2 it does frown.gif ). I can't even target him with spell thrust. No matter how fast I move, or how fast the attacks I choose are, he gets all of his protections up.

Now, Firekraag himself.
    What a git! I tried the good ol' "get him" approach. splat.
    I tried the cloudkill before he gets on screen. Magic resistance. splat
    Fire elementals in there attacking with summoned monsters. Splat.

How did others do this?

hmmm, I just thought of something. If I don't get him onto the screen and I butcher the mage (easy if you get him before his spells go up) does he have the cell key on him? can I get to him without activating the dragon?

Also, Has anyone killed the adamantite golem upstairs? I killed the two stone but he's impossible! Is there anything decent in there?

ricky.gif

[This message has been edited by LoLth (edited 13-11-2000).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Predator

have u tried using breach or lower resistance ?
    neways i have another question any idea if there exists a wand of restoration ?? would help me much. cos i cant find viconia who i know has restoration as a spell.

Daddy or chips?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Can't remember how I killed him. for the wizard you need breach and insect swarm. One will drop his protection spells and the second will cause 100% spell disruption.

Send in your melee guys while you summon up some monsters to attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

don't know about a wand, but you can buy restoration scrolls at a temple and I think Aerie has a lesser restoration spell in her arsenal.

as for the lower resistance, I don't have that at the moment (I'll have to drop by a shop and pick up a scroll), and I don't think breach would work against magic resistance, I think that's more for negating lower level magical protections.

ricky.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Not gonna take credit for this one, I read a variation of it somewhere and adapted it.
    Did it with level 10/11 most characters - need to have a couple specific spells available

- Surround the beast with all your characters after talking to him
    - Have cleric (Viconia in my case) cast "Magic Resistence" NOTE: NOT "Lower Resistence" on Firkagg. This actually LOWERS his magic resistence
    - Have mage (Nalia) cast "Greater mailison" on him.
    - Neither of the previous steps make him go hostile for some reason
    - Have mage cast "Feeblemind" on him. He failed his save on my first try at this.
    - Beat the crap out of him with everyone. He does NOTHING. Will die in a few rounds.

No muss, no fuss, 3 spells and no wounds smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

Bleh, summon a pit fiend and run smile.gif. Or you can cast protection from evil on your self first if you're a wuss heeh.

• Advertisement

ok i just killed him used cloudkill and a cloudkill wand gave jaheria boots of speed or haste whichever u have and waited till i saw it starting to cast and threw her insect (better) speel at it and ran at him with the dragonslayer +2 i think he died from the cloudkill though be4 he got a cvhance to finsih spell and i used breach at start

Daddy or chips?

oh yes to kill an adamantium or iron golem lure em to a doorway they cant get tru and have about 5-7 melfs minute meteors handy and he will die if u dont kill him first time run away and rest and come back , theres something good in the adamantium alcove i cant remeber what.

Daddy or chips?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

The Dragon was a bit easier. Here's another tip, most monsters you meet are scaled slightly to your level (Eg. at high levels you will get adamantium golems instead of iron), so you can go off and do other stuff and come back later.

Here's what I did and worked wonders.
    1. Cast elementals and monsters and sat them behind the dragon in relation to me.

2. two of my casters fired off Breach and lower resistance just at the edge of sight. (same cast time?)

3. When those spells hit, my casters went running like the clappers while my summoned creatures went hostile to the dragon and distracted it.

4. My thief then went in hidden and backstabbed while it was busy kicking the others around.

5. Lastly the casters threw off ice storms on the dragon (as it's a fire dragon) and it died shortly after that.

oh yes its a +5 sword i think but only if ure a paladin or have keldorn

Daddy or chips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

No really, the pit fiend rocks smile.gif Firekraag cannot hurt it, use it to tank and send in archers to speed it up. You don't get the exp when the fiend kills the dragon but like, who needs exp!

• Advertisement
Advertisement