Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router help REQ...thanks

• 09-09-2004 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭

hello all ive been using clicksilver for the last few months and my flatmate wants a share of the action so i invested in a router (D-link DSL-504T) off a guy on the forum (cheers) which i cannot for the life of me set up to work! im using the Zyxel 600 series modem that came with the service at the moment. my flatmate is turning green so i need help fast. if any one has experence using D-link modems then help would be cool im sure its not a HW fault just some stupid setting not set up properly anyway email me at gre_soul at yahoo.co.uk and i can give screenshots whatever....person who gives me help that works can help themselves to some of this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭gre_soul

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭rash

Have not used Dlink routers, but can you advise if the physical DSL link to the exchange is OK, check under status - DSL Status. -
    If the physical link is UP, check the PPPoE status under "connection status".
    If the PPPoE is down check the settings below.

Driver: PPPoE
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35
    Set up type: LLC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭gre_soul

hello i just got it fixed thanks it was the configuration/kernal file which is a seperate file from the firmware which i had already loaded

anyway thank again :)

Advertisement