Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ERROR : unable to start the bluetooth stack service

Options
  • 09-09-2004 12:15pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I get the above error message whenever I staer my PC .

The Belkin BT device worked properly before I installed the latest win update ....

Any Ideas ???

ERROR : unable to start the bluetooth stack service

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I suppose the update could have changed/disabled some services that the "bluetooth stack" is dependant on.
    If you check out your services manager (right-click My Computer >> manage >> Services and Applications >> Services), then have a look for the bluetooth service on the list... double click it and look in the dependencies tab... then go back to the list and see if the dependant services are starting ok.

Other than that, some file versions could have changed that aren't properly backwards compatable with the bluetooth service, in which case you may be able to find new drivers for it on the hardware manufacturers website.

Look in the event logs for anything else out of the ordinary that could be connected with your bluetooth problems.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Thanks for thet Santa .

I mailed Belkin with the problem and they are posting the latest BT dongle to me free ..

Good cust support or what ?

Advertisement