Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NUI Psychology Cert...

Options
  • 09-09-2004 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

Looking to get out of Computers, but I fear it will take a while. I'm starting a psychology Cert on Monday week, the Maynooth NUI one (but doing it in Dun laoighre). Does anyone know anything about it? I hope to go on and do a psychology degree next year and am looking to find out if there are any good part time ones out there. I could never go back full time, the financial implications are too great. Anyway, any info or suggestions would be much appreciated!! :D

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Hi Flinty,

Dbs run Part time Psychology courses,
    Oscail and the Ou Also run distance learning courses where you can do psychology.

The Nui cert is a foundation one and will give you a few credits towards your degree and if you are a mature student show that you have had an interest pursued a foundation course and give you a much better chance of getting in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Flinty

Cheers Moonbeam,

Unfortunately the NUI psychology cert i was just about to start has been cancelled due to lack of interest 5 days before it was set to begin, so I have been left in limbo a bit. I may now have to wait till next year to start something.

Is that Dbs you mentioned, the smufit school of business? Or is it some other college?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Flinty wrote:
    Is that Dbs you mentioned, the smufit school of business? Or is it some other college?

Thanks

Eh, Smurfit is a school in UCD afaik.
    DBS = www.dbs.edu it's a fee paying university. You're probably too late to start there too, even part time, and I think you have to be over 23 to do psychology there part time. The Open University courses run from February, check open.ac.uk

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

www.nightcourses.com might be able to help find a similiar course Flinty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 aries04

If psychology is your 'thang' check out http://www.eolach.ie - excellent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement