Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firewall..off?!..oh and wireless keeps dropping

• 09-09-2004 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

..after some advice on these boards i went for a D-Link DSL-G604T 54Mbps 802.11g ADSL Router

finally got it set up, got my main comp configured...secondary..and eventually the wireless laptop (although that speed keeps dropping 54...48...36...24..then it just disconnects..and connects again like...5 seconds later..even when i put the laptop like 6" from the router... :eek: !!! what can i do there)

but my main problem is the firewall...in the onscreen options it has NAT and Firewall both ticked however this gives me yellow coloured downloads on bit torrent and refuses to connect to irc...i know this is a firewall problem as before i had configured zone alarm (got rid of that now anyway) but when i was doing that i had the exact same problems..so i thought..aha! ill turn off the firewall in the router options..so i did..and what happens...no pages will load..its like being offline :(

im new to all this network stuff so im at a loss..windows firewall is turned off though..so it has to be this damn routers 1...which id like off..ive got a windows based 1 to use when i get it set up anyway so i really dont need the routers 1..or do i?

any help?

btw..im not knocking the router..its a great little piece of kit..just teething troubles :D

Advertisement