Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 2 warning!!

Options
  • 01-01-2001 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

From another board...
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    Don't know how long this has been known, but I just found out about it this morning. Haven't played much since the last patch actually.

Apparently there is a bug allowing people to log in as your characters and subsequently clean them out. It's advisable not to log in unless you plan on immediately muling over equipment. Logging in to the character select menu to check to see if you are naked is apparently safe however.

It would appear that just about every ranked player was hit and all the whole hardcore ladder was essentially murdered.

People make me sick.</font>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Mythago

From http://www.bgdungeon.com
    As I reported in the last update, Blizzard decided to reset the standard ladder to establish a new season
    for their online Diablo II community. This was obviously not a smooth process as many players logged
    back on to discover that their characters had been deleted or were missing items or experience, including
    many hardcore characters even though that ladder was not reset. Speculation is that the ladder reset
    opened hacker portals where people could access accounts without having the account information.

Advertisement