Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BB in Monasterevin? After some research im even more confused.

• 09-09-2004 8:47pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭

OK for months and months now ive been waiting for Broadband in Monasterevin,Co Kildare.
    In a recent thread i posted about BB in Portarlington Co Laois [i could be moving there but more than likely staying in Monasterevin],i came across the link below stating BB is indeed available in my area but once i go onto IOL or Eircom websites it says my area has not got Broadband.
    Yes im just a bit confused :(

http://www.broadband.gov.ie/BBInfo/ServiceByLocationSearchWF.aspx

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Update,i checked tonight on the eircom site at the free trial part ,entered my area code and phone number and to my shock after what must be hundreds of attempts these past months it said congratulations you qualify for broadband.
    I cant find reference to my area being upgraded though.
    Any ideas please?
    Also im currently on 64k ISDN and hear there may be a wait to get isdn out before broadband in?
    Thanks guys for any help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

If you qualify, you qualify - does it matter how? Personally, I'd get it off anyone except Eircom, but it's your choice, I suppose.

There are some complications migrating from ISDN to DSL - your phone line has to be downgraded to regular POTS before DSL can be enabled. Didn't affect me, but there are plenty of posts about it - search for ISDN in this forum.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Checked it again this morning and the damn thing failed.
    I mean ffs,talk about getting my hopes up.
    Bloody Eircom :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

The Digiweb Wireless service should be coming to your
    area around december.
    They plan to have most of the Midlands covered with
    WiMax masts by then.
    So I have to come to the conclusion that they are going to
    put one of the masts in Portlaoise which is less than 30 miles
    away from Monasterevin, I think.

8 gig limit 39euro PM ;)

Advertisement