Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parental leave - changes proposed

Options
  • 09-09-2004 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭

Changes to parental leave laws proposed
    09/09/2004 - 17:15:03

The Government has reviewed the law relating to parental leave, and proposed a number of changes to the Parental Leave Act of 1998.

The maximum age of the child for which leave can be taken is to be raised to eight, and to 16 in the case of children with disabilities.

The leave will also be able to be taken in broken periods of six weeks, although the total leave period remains at 14 weeks.

Parental leave entitlements are also being extended to guardians and those in loco parentis.

http://212.2.162.45/news/story.asp?j=117034326&p=yy7x35x3z&n=117035086

Sounds good to me, I've a 5 year old and a 3 year old and haven't taken any yet, am now self employed, but it means that if, in the future I go back to working for someone else, I could still avail of this.

Advertisement