Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Companies that ship exces Baggage

• 09-09-2004 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

Anyone have any experience with this?

I am moving over to Canada and only have a 20 kg limit. I want to ship some extra suitcases etc over and don't want to pay the incredible excess baggage costs (€5/kilo) One extra suitcase is going to cost over a hundred Euro's and I have a few.

Does anyone know of any international shippers based in Ireland that would do this kind of thing. I tried DHL, but they don't do personal effects.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭cerebus

Try Oman

www.oman.ie

We used them when moving abroad. Depending on how much stuff you have it could be what you're looking for.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

boo4842 wrote:
    Anyone have any experience with this?

I am moving over to Canada and only have a 20 kg limit. I want to ship some extra suitcases etc over and don't want to pay the incredible excess baggage costs (€5/kilo) One extra suitcase is going to cost over a hundred Euro's and I have a few.

Does anyone know of any international shippers based in Ireland that would do this kind of thing. I tried DHL, but they don't do personal effects.

Any help would be appreciated.

Only €5 per Kg to Canada - that's not bad when compared to your weight.
    Ryanair want more than for Dublin-London rip [/rant]

Check with the airline as some handle freight - but you would have to deliver and collect it at different times to when you fly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

boo4842 wrote:
    I am moving over to Canada and only have a 20 kg limit.
    Are you certain it is 20kg?

Try "Mailboxes Etc" in Rathmines and http://www.postnet.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Normally trans atlantic flights have a limit of 50-odd Kg FFS ryanair has a limit of 32 Kg, I think you have it wrong.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Lump wrote:
    Normally trans atlantic flights have a limit of 50-odd Kg FFS ryanair has a limit of 32 Kg, I think you have it wrong.
    Some transatlantic are 40kg. I think Ryanair is well less than 32kg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Ryanair provide a free checked baggage allowance up to a maximum of 15 kilos to each passenger

Plus 10 Kg in the cabin.... Sorry I was wrong. a total of 25.

Northwest airlines says the following Economy class passengers will be permitted to check up to two bags at 50 lbs/32 kgs. Bags that exceed the free allowance and weigh between 50 and 70 lbs will be assessed the applicable overweight fee. USD $35.00/EUR $35.00

John

Advertisement