Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows media player

Options
  • 09-09-2004 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

I have a problem with media player, anytime i go to play a video file, eg fivx, avi etc, it says "windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close". Its not a problem with codecs, as the video plays underneath the error message, ive since upgraded to win mp 10 and am still getting the same error. Any ideas?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

Remove any plug-ins that you've got installed and try again.

The DivX movies may play but there could be a DivX specific error somewhere and it's waiting for confirmation from the dialog before it closes the app down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

http://www.osnn.net/comments.php?shownews=10979
    ^ could be that if your on winxp sp2

If all else fails ya should try Media player classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

It's aknown issue and DivX are aware of it:

<snip>
    Divexdec.ax causes applications to crash

Any process that loads the divx codec crashed because of trying to dispatch an exception handler in a memory page not marked as execute. Divx has been informed and replied they are aware.

</snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

cool thanks, hope they fix it quick :/
    seems to be only happening since i installed sp2
    It's aknown issue and DivX are aware of it:

<snip>
    Divexdec.ax causes applications to crash

Any process that loads the divx codec crashed because of trying to dispatch an exception handler in a memory page not marked as execute. Divx has been informed and replied they are aware.

</snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

L5 wrote:
    cool thanks, hope they fix it quick :/
    seems to be only happening since i installed sp2

fixed, downloaded 5.2.1 or whatever the newest divx codec is and theyve fixed the problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Did you even read my reply?! It basically told you all that.

Advertisement