Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Office 2003 and sp2

Options
  • 09-09-2004 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if office is affected by sp2 cos mine is playing up bigtime

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Hashbrown

presume u mean xp sp2 ........... also i presume u have sp1 for office 2003
    what sort of problems are you having as a matter of interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Ye xp sp2 and i have sp1 for office 2003, when im using excel and i go to change font size or anything really on the toolbar it just freezes up and the error report thing comes up. In general im getting errors a lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Seems to be screwing with my PC too. I'm noticing lots of odd things. Some people are saying a fresh install of XP and then SP2 works best. But I don't want to go down that route just yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

I'd say that Office 2003 is the most tested app on XP SP2. I haven't seen any specific issues or come across reports of any.

If we're ever asked to install ad-hoc apps - it'll always be Office. no real reason why we do it other than it's sitting practically every file server and it always close to hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Excel's peen playing up here too. Been giving a VB error, though I haven't tried to uninstall and reinstall it yet. From what I hear though, it doesn't quite leave as much rubbish behind as Office 2000 did, clinging on like a limpet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I found a solution to the problem. I have 3 pcs on a network at home and a printer on one pc. I was printing last night from excel and i noticed that i could change the font. The only way i can change the font is by turning on the pc and printer in the other room. I cant understand this at all

Advertisement