Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the hector show and bertie

• 09-09-2004 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭

looked like over the few months he f'all time with him or good footage... pity but then ii dunno bout hector seemed he did so much talking and inane quiping that the so little of bertie...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I liked the programme, had a few laughs. It should be good when he gets together with Tommy Tiernan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Danni

Thought it was funny too.. I've never watched a hector show but my sis was watchin it when i got home last night so i sat down to have a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i came in last night and my housemate had it on. only caught the last 10-15mins. i thought it was pretty good. is the the first in the series?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

is the the first in the series?

Yeah it's the first in the series. There will be seven shows in total. Bertie, Tommy T, Colm Meeney, Liam Neeson (I think?), and a couple of others that I can't think of!

Hector was on the Ray D'Arcy show yesterday talking about it. He was saying that over the month he spent with Bertie he only had about 4 or 5 days actual access.

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Didn't think much of it, he (Hector) sounded like he was putting on an exaggerated Meath accent for the cameras.

I'd say there's a very good reason he was only allowed a few days: if I'd a loud f3ck3r like that in my face all the time, I'd steer clear of him too. Very very in-your-face type of questioning, don't like it at all.

Great fun recognising all the spots in Drumcondra though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I think on amú he was funny but it felt like he was trying a little too hard to be funny on the show last night.
    Or was that just me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Hector doing an impersonation of Hector! Celebs become caricatures of themselves eventually and Hector has got there before most. :(

He gets €4.800 for a public appeareance now so feck it, he's happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Hector's popularity is inexplicable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Watching that show I think (for the first time in my life) I actually felt sorry for Bertram.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

yeah the guy on the tv review page comapred hector to him surprisngly but pointed out that Louis Theroux actually reveals the real person and ask good question with a smile on his face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Moe79

yeah, it was really irritating.. I was beginning to see why Bertie had him in the row behind at the GAA game. I mean, who wants an annoying prat like that talking right into your face in an "I'm so bloody funny, me" manner. Idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Unfortunately the programme fails and it fails because it has no clear definition of what it's supposed to be.. A wasted opportunity of a programme and a sad waste of license fee payers money...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

yah the program is stupid and the meath accent is put on way too much. He's not funny either. I dont pay tv license anyways so Im not worried...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

elvis2002 wrote:
    I dont pay tv license anyways so Im not worried...
    oh no! people are going to start calling you cheep and not sleep with you
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Danni

BaZmO* wrote:
    There will be seven shows in total. Bertie, Tommy T, Colm Meeney, Liam Neeson (I think?), and a couple of others that I can't think of!

Keith Duffy is on next Thursday with him..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Danni wrote:
    Keith Duffy is on next Thursday with him..
    Oh the humanity! Where will it all end?
    I saw a bit of this the other night, about the last 10 minutes or so. Just in time to see the match and then meeting up in Bertie's office. Hector didn't actually ask him anything though. I though it was going to be like a chat show on the road kinda thing. All he asked about were the pictures on the wall, and then he left and went for a pint. Complete and utter waste of time and money IMO. Can't say I'll be bothered to watch any more of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Morgans

I agree. Hector has let it all go to his head. As if he is the saviour of irish television. I suppose it works for him, but I wont watch be watching it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭legofsalmon

Just wondering does anyone know what the cameraman/director of it Ross O Callaghan has been doing before this??? any other projects?

Advertisement