Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WLAN Random Disconnects - help!

• 09-09-2004 11:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭

Greetings,

Looking for a couple of pointers if possible.

I bought a Sitecom "Wireless Broadband Router" pack (Without ADSL Router as it happened) from Maplin a while back. The pack came with the 802.11g router and a USB WLAN adaptor inside.

I connected it to the Eircom modem and setup the WLAN no probs, however I sometimes get disconnects from the WLAN. As far as I can tell, the ADSL link is fine.

The support guy suggested that I disable windows zero configuration which improved the situation but it hasn't gone away.

I think its a PC thing, as either rebooting the PC or pulling the plug on the router seems to work most of the time. Also, even when the link drops, it is still visible in Net Stumbler, despite WinXP not seeing it.

A "Ping -t" on the router address seems to keep the connection up also. (Although Ive only started doing this recently and can't be sure)

Oh yeah, the router and PC are both nowhere near anything that would cause interference and the signal strength seems fine.

Any tips appreciated! Ah go on. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Peter.Buckley

hey Hows it going??
    Ive the same problem,
    Laptop WInXP Home, SP1
    Broadcom wireless card,
    Netopia Wireless Router,

Sometimes it works then all of a suddenit drops the connection, then i try to reconnect and the router wont give me a IP address, i use WEP and have top as we live in a Apt block.

What all this i hear about ZERO configration??

Peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Peter.Buckley

Have Made good progress but at a cost.
    Got my self the Linksys Wireless Card WPC54G, took a bit of setting up.
    But now all ive got to do is disable and reable the connection and i usualy stay connected for hours.
    its tough probelm, disable the Zero config, and pray but that can be a hassle.
    Always up grade the firmware if possible.
    and as always google for the answer.
    Peter

Advertisement