Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio Stations in Ireland

Options
  • 09-09-2004 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

This country is gone to the dogs. There is no Radio Station for us (Old Sods) All we have is Radio Tellefis Eireann. It used to be called Radio Eireann many moons ago. I'm not into RTE or any of the Pop & Rock stations we have blasting out all day. So I listen to Classic Fm or the across the sea to BBC.

:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Is Lyric FM any good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

dubadub wrote:
    This country is gone to the dogs. There is no Radio Station for us (Old Sods) All we have is Radio Tellefis Eireann. It used to be called Radio Eireann many moons ago. I'm not into RTE or any of the Pop & Rock stations we have blasting out all day. So I listen to Classic Fm or the across the sea to BBC.

:mad:

Newtalk 106 is good. Or rather, *was* good until they put that idiot Dunphy on in the morning. Same old **** with him and "look at my C-list celeb friends" again. That was my fav station in the morning, regular discussions of what the new edition of The Economist, etc., ver interesting political economic stuff.

Now it's just that ignorant IQ 60 mofo.

So yes, you are right. At least Spin 1038 have a funny morning show....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 dubadub

Newtalk 106 is good. Or rather, *was* good until they put that idiot Dunphy on in the morning. Same old **** with him and "look at my C-list celeb friends" again. That was my fav station in the morning, regular discussions of what the new edition of The Economist, etc., ver interesting political economic stuff.

Now it's just that ignorant IQ 60 mofo.

So yes, you are right. At least Spin 1038 have a funny morning show....

News Talk is ok, but I'm looking for a music station in Ireland that suits the Senior groups over 45 years. The Rat Pack + songs from the 1950s/60s and 70s Easy listerning.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

dubadub wrote:
    News Talk is ok, but I'm looking for a music station in Ireland that suits the Senior groups over 45 years. The Rat Pack + songs from the 1950s/60s and 70s Easy listerning.

Where are you based ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

if you're in an office or at home there's always the internet radio stations.

as for newstalk, i agree. i loved the morning show (and no, i'm not 45 or working in the banking sector). it was very witty and smart. as for spin, the two morning guys used to be on phantom. and they're hilarious. fm104 is hilarious too but there's too many ads/news bulletin's/songs interrupting the hilarity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Only station I know that playes that stuff is Radio Limerick one http://www.rlo105.com you could always listen to Ronan Collins

Advertisement