Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pocket PC Phone Edition from Vodafone: VPA III

Options
  • 10-09-2004 3:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭

Vodafone Germany have announced they will offer their own branded version of the HTC 'Blue Angel' device (also known as the XDA IIs), offering GSM/GPRS Quad Band, Slide out Keypad, WiFi, Bluetooth, Camera...

vpa_3.jpgpersonal_assistant_klein.jpg

more info: Vodafone Personal Assistant III

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Vodafone Germany have announced they will offer their own branded version of the HTC 'Blue Angel' device (also known as the XDA IIs), offering GSM/GPRS Quad Band, Slide out Keypad, WiFi, Bluetooth, Camera...

Anyone in the know enough to know when is planned release?
    Yes I know that sentence doesn't read very well!

.cg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭okonski

HTC say shipments will be available in October to all networks, but realistically I think it'll be March 05 before they arrive in quantity.

Ta (I won't shoot the messenger)

.cg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

The articles breaking the details of the XDA IIs (same model but O2 branded) mention Nov 1st for release in UK/Ireland, and Germany (where it is supposed to be called the XDA III) before the end of the year... However, O2 IRL were the last to ship the XDA II out of the three networks so will have to wait and see if Nov 1 works out...

For the VPA III specifically, so far only Vodafone Germany have announced the product and they just gave a time frame of "autumn"

Some of the online retailers should have the non-operator branded models of the device from the likes of i-mate and Qtek available in time so worth keeping an eye on their sites - however as they will be unsubsidised they will be priced accordingly

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

the SIM-Free non operator i-Mate PDA2k model have recently been made available from the likes of Expansys (.com GBP £575 / .ie EUR €930) and M-Phone (GBP £550) ex. shipping - expensive enough at the moment - wonder how much the operators will subsidise it...

BrianG

• Advertisement

o2 IE still have no sign of the XDA IIs on their site.. o2 UK have it for sale for Stg£249.99 (first time connection).

I just rang customer care who said to ring their businesss unit, who are closed until the 4th.

Vodafone don't seem to have it on their Irish or UK site either.

The Expansys/M-Phone option is a little too expensive for now.

Advertisement