Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quick "You're a star" question.

• 10-09-2004 8:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭

'lo, a girl in work wants to know what the lower age limit is for the auditions, apparently her sis wants to take part and she's 16.
    I've checked the YAS "website" to no avail.
    Anyone know anything about this prog?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Afaik you have to be 18+. I'm may be mistaken though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Danni

Those McIlhinney twins from Cork were only 16 (maybe 17).. so i think it's over 16

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Didn't Nadine Whatsherface get turfed out because she was under 18 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Danni

Hagar wrote:
    Didn't Nadine Whatsherface get turfed out because she was under 18 ?

That was POPSTARS or whatever the hell it was called

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Ooops.... Silly me :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

popstars was offering a record contract. you cant sign a contract in ireland under 18yrs old. thats why nadine had to go on the uk version (better for her career too)

as far as i remember, your a star only offers a shot at the eurovision, no contract iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭The Song Thrush

The rule in the Eurovision is that you have to be at least 16, so i assume it's the same for YAS.

Advertisement