Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda directive on under 16yr olds

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭entropy

This would be doubly stupid bearing in mind the current and ongoing communications with both the Depts of Justice and Sport on the matter and such actions could be counter productive in the long run. One of our biggest assets is the fact that we ARE after all upright law abiding citizens of the State!

so what action would the association bring against a member if they were to breach the directive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Pull!theother1

entropy wrote:
    so what action would the association bring against a member if they were to breach the directive?

If someone was to bring either the Sport or the Association into disrepute, as some have found out to their cost, the one thing the ICPSA does have in buckets is a good system of Disciplinary proceedures.

Have to get back to work now but keep it coming.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭entropy

If someone was to bring either the Sport or the Association into disrepute, as some have found out to their cost, the one thing the ICPSA does have in buckets is a good system of Disciplinary proceedures.

let me know what disciplinary action you take at your next executive meeting when you ask around the table which of your fellow executive members was shooting in ashbourne last sunday with their 14 year old son

got to go back to work too ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Martin Galway

entropy wrote:
    let me know what disciplinary action you take at your next executive meeting when you ask around the table which of your fellow executive members was shooting in ashbourne last sunday with their 14 year old son

I do not see what your gripe is do you not want to see young shooters in the sport , are you in favor of the kind of restrictions which are beening inforced by the gaurds , you can hide behind your screen but I will where possiable let them shoot because without them we have no sport age was not asked for or given by more then one shooter ,rember it is for the gaurds to inforce the law not the shooting grounds only the permit holder is liable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Pull!theother1

entropy wrote:

I have passed on your concerns to those who might be in a better position to deal with them ( in spite of my usual reservations in dealing with un accountable allegations ).

Hope that this will be sufficient and that you can discuss the matter to your satisfaction bearing in mind that we have an interested and varied audience.
    We are all on the same side are we not?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Martin Galway

entropy wrote:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭TrapperJohn

Martin Galway I am shocked to read this. you are admitting here in public that you allowed an under 16 year old to shoot in ashbourne and that you would do it again in definance of the law.you are saying this was with the knowledge of those who ran the shoot and that they thought this was agreat idea.Shocked i am, I assume Pull will take this to the executive and that all those involved are reported to the guards. this is not the way to win an argument over the rights and wrongs of the age limit but while it is the law we must obay it and if we do not it will only be giving those who want to stop shooting all the arguments in the world to do so.So for the good of the sport you want to give the guards afield day. I hope that you and those who allowed these under age shooters in ashbourne are reported to the guards and then see if your rant carries any wieght with the courts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 oldhand

The fact that martin admitts to breaking the law on sunday in ashbourne is in its self a fright.The 14 year old a dangerous position in breaking the law.Does this 14 year olds parent not realise that they are incouraging their child to break the law with a firearm.If the child was caught by the gaurds on sunday that would really do the icpsa and the national shooting grounds some favour.The fact that their was some senior icpsa officers there on the grounds is killing the whole thing.Martin are you trying to get young people into the sport or are you trying to kill the sport for everybody.The law is not only there for us it is there for you to.The icpsa officers should hold their heads in shame for allowing this dia***ic breach of the law take place on sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Lads, enough of washing the dirty linen in public. It's obvious there are personal issues at work here, and it's getting unseemly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement