Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What new phone are you waiting on and why?

Options
  • 10-09-2004 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭

I have a 6230 at the moment but i have the upgrade itch again! im looking longingly at the 6260 at the moment but im worried as its such a new idea (clamshell symbia) its bound to have a few issues? size weight maybe?

Any idea when itll be properly available from expansys and the like? anything else i should consider?

Tryin to trade the 6230 for a 7610 just to try it! anything else i should try

anything else good comin in the next month?

Im sure jesusthatsgre will be in to give me the low down! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭digiman

What about the siemens s65, looks like a good phone, 1.3MP camera, good screen. I heard that you can only play mp3s of the internal memory even though you can get a memory card for it. Would love to get a SE s700, looks like a class phone. Only thing is that it only takes the proper sony memory cards. Would like to get a 6230 myself, will know on wednesday if vodafone will give an upgrade. I will be with them 12 months that day so fingers crossed, if they dont meteor will have a new customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭FT77

I'm getting the Nokia 6630 the second it's available on the market !

I rang Nokia in the US and they said it would be out in six months :( ........

Here's a good thread !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The 6630 is the one I am holding out for also.. Once it comes out I will sell my 7610..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

I really wuld like then 6260 there cool.

I cant wait till they come out.There goin to be a bomb though :eek:

Fidelis posted up some pics of up and coming handsets in the thread FT77 linked too.. It included pictures of the "Sharp V902 (3G): 2 megapixel camera" which I can only imagine is going to form some sort of basis for the as yet unannounced Sharp GX40. I am only guessing but I would imagine that the GX40 will be out before Christmas as part of the consume launch of 3G here..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

I like the look of some of the new "smartphones" (in the absence of Moto's MPx100), particularly HTC's offerings, mainly the HTC Feeler, which is to be released by T-mobile in the UK as the SDA.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭trap4

I'll be getting the Nokia 9500 the minute it comes out because I spend much of my day now on mobile IM with my business partners in the USA and Spain. The problem is that, as quick as I have become with T9 predictive text it's still way too slow. So a full QWERTY keyboard will make mobile IM as good as PC based IM. Of course I am just assuming at the moment that Agile will be bringing out a version of their Messenger for Series 80 as well. They have to!

Of course a large screen area and QWERTY keyboard will also make mobile email and web browsing more productive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -Jim.
    http://eirepreneur.blogs.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

the Nokia 9300 announced last week does leaves WiFi and the Camera out of the mix compared to the 9500, but the smaller size and (hopefully) cheaper price may make it an alternative for those who can live without those extra features of the 9500... there's an article with Nokia about it on AllAboutSymbian: Why Do Nokia Love The 9300

9300_pm_cs.jpg

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

digiman wrote:
    What about the siemens s65, looks like a good phone,

I like the SL65 myself, although the Motorola V3 is a verrrrry sweet-looking phone too. Only thing is, do the Motorolas still suck balls like they used to?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I just got my S700i ...Wohoooooo !

• Advertisement

I am considering selling my 7610 if I can get a comparably spec'd phone to replace it or stick an extra few quid on for something like the 6630 or 6260. Gotsta have the symbian :P

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

I've got a 8850 for a couple of years now and still waiting for a really slim camera phone.
    Then I saw a photo of the new Motorola Razr V3 and wow did it look good especially after a bit of googling.

Anyone have any ideas how much and when it's going to come out here?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

razr is basically a v600 so its a bit outdated, you can get em sim free, circa 500 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

Cyrus wrote:
    razr is basically a v600 so its a bit outdated, you can get em sim free, circa 500 euro

*gulp*
    I thought it may be around €400 :( but it sure looks good from the pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Amnesiac_ie

I've swapped my 6600 for a 6230... it's more compact and until I can afford my own iPod it's also going to double as my MP3 player!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

still waiting for my 7600. Always up for a bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I'm waiting for Nokia 3220! Why: I'm a cheapskate, and it's coming out on Voda RTG!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭ondafly

MPX or the MPX220 , not sure which yet, but like the idea of WIFI on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

MPX220 is getting mixed reviews (poor battery, low earpiece volume and terrible camera seem to be the main problems, judging by reviews I've read).

MPX looks very cool, though. If Motorola don't mess it up, it'll be top of my shopping list.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

I'm waiting on the 6630 as well. I own a 6600 at the moment so I'm looking forward to a superior camera, stereo output and a faster CPU.

The hot swappable RS-MMC, 3G support and proper Nokia theme are nice too. :)

- Neil

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I'm planning on getting the sl65... not the greatest of phones technically, but it seems to have everything I'm looking for and its stylish as fúck :D

flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

nokia 5140
    cos it's what nokia tells me I should get :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭hyungsup

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Where did you get the S700i? How much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

I was waiting for the 7700 (evil teasing bastards!), then the 6630, but got bored and hunted down an original N-Gage instead. Hot-swap MMC is nice, but for well less than the difference in price I got a 1GB card that I don't plan on swapping, a bluetooth headset, and a phone that doesn't have a POP port. Still has 90% of the 6630 features I want, just a bit bigger and shorter battery life. Proper USB & headphone sockets are nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭eoinm1

Longword you should have gone for this.

See ya,
    Eoin

Im gonna go for the Nokia 6260, because the S700i is way too expensive, Through a deal in work ill get it for €300!

Nokia 6260

Should have it on monday!

Sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

just ordered a s700i from ebay :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

Top of the morning to you all.......

Any idea how much the 7610 is on any network?
    If ye have any links for a review, pass it on!

Also, any release date 6260 yet?

Thanks,
    spanner_head

• Advertisement

I think its about €299 on vodafone, im sure it would be around the same on O2, the 6260 is available sim free for €449 in carphone warehouse. Im hopefully getting my company to pay for it tomorrow!

Sean

Advertisement