Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What new phone are you waiting on and why?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Well we just got one of the 6630's in the other day to play with and I must say it is a really nice little phone. It looks and feels far better than the 6600 and is considerably faster in operation as well. If I was going to buy a Nokia this is probably the one I'd go for.

Other than that I really like the latest MS-Smartphone based phones(Imate SP3 or Orange C500) which I've had then chance to play around with a bit as well. Either of these would suit me if they dropped down the chimney. I was waiting on the MPX220 but I've heard a lot of bad press about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

Just got my 7610, favourite phone so far, been through a p800,6600 and v600 in the last few weeks, and i think ill get a 9500 before christmas, wifi is the big draw.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭trap4

Sean, did you get that Nokia 6260? I'm puzzled that they are already available (through Expansys.ie aswell) when the Nokia website says they are expected to be available in Q1 2005 :confused:

-Jim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

Planning to get p910i...anyone hav any experience with this phone and maybe reasons i should go for my second choice the 6630
    Thanx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

moving to the Dark Side - Just ordered an Imate Sp3i from expansys..hopefully it will replace both my nokia and my Axim. I can just about live without wifi. Shame to hear the bad reviews for the mpx220 - really fancied it - just wasnt prepared to wait for it.

DeBeere - the P910i is available this second - the 6630 isnt. the 910i is good looking - the 6630 looks preggers. 910i is slightly cheaper on expansys.

Keyboard on the 910i would do it for me too.

Friend of mine has just got a SE S700i - played with it in the pub last Fri - looks more like a sexy camera than a phone. Lovely piece of kit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The Nokia 6630 has been demoted. Having spent even more time playing with the 3G phone I now want the Sharp V910 or whatever the model number is. Really is a savage phone and I really cant help but wonder why Nokia did not include video calling on the feature list!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

and details jesus on when the 3g phones will be out?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The service has been technically launched I think (unless I missed something big time) and I can only assume the handsets should be in the retail channel already. I have not seen any however and genuinely don't know whats happening at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

there were no 3G handsets for sale in (Dublin) city centre today anyway - 'should be next week' was the answer I was getting when in the Voda stores - they did say there should be some extra personnel in store to demo the handsets when they become available (like when Live! was launched)

BrianG

Advertisement