Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asherons Call

Options
  • 02-02-2001 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

I thought I'd try this out a bit more instead of Evercrack.

Currently lost in the top right of the island just outside what I thought was a town and is in fact overrun by those white orc thingys. frown.gif Someone save me ...---...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Clamor

What's your character name and world server.
    I'll be on this evening. Under the name wait for it. 'Clamor' smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Solclaim. It's a new shard so there is a lot of people in lower level zones.

Character name is 'Mira de Vorsha'. I'll add you to the friends list.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 02-02-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Be it any decent?

Well the PK server (Darktide) is crazy. It's like Quake. The only way you can live longer then 2 minutes is to have a female character or start asking to be thier vassal. After about 10 minutes I finally got the people in the local area not to kill me but as soon as I moved to the other side of town thier was roaming gangs of PK'ers killing anything that moved.

The game is pretty good. I would put it somewhere between EQ + UO. It's not as free to play as UO is (eg. Newbie dungeons are locked off from high level players) and you don't have to camp a spawn. The quests were pretty good.

What is intresting is how the Alligence system works. Kind of a pyramid scheme to get more experience. If your low level the mid to high level players sort you out with tons of stuff just to get your loyality.

Also they built some of the quests so that high level players have to help low level. For example there is a quest for some cool sword which high level players can only get, but you have to get a handful of certain keys which only low level players get. There was one 30 lvl player suiting up and paying newbies to go into a dungeon to get a key for him (I went on that quest... got eaten).

Worth a look. Oh and the game is absolutly huge. I'm guessing there are areas on the map that no one has ever seen or been to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

How much does the game cost, and where can i buy it, and how much is the zone subscription fee?

• Advertisement

The game itself is about a year old. Dunno how much it would cost to buy but I do know you can't play unless you have a new copy of the game.

Subscription is $9.95 a month, first month free.

IMPORTANT: When you do get your account, download all the patches from here. I didn't and I have have cable, and the auto-update took over an hour (I'm sure if you buy a recent copy of AC it will have most if not all the updates).

Advertisement