Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate the dvd collection

Options
  • 10-09-2004 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

is anyone going to collect the Stargate collection?
    http://www.stargatedvd.co.uk/subscribe.htm
    i've just bought the first issue which was €6.27 in easons, and you get 3 episodes per issue which build into 43 dvd's covering what looks like the first 6 series
    i'll have to see what the full price is and how often they come out myself first

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I thought it looked interesting, until I saw that the regular price is €12.95 (it's in the ad's smallprint). 7 issues a season, at full price, works out at €91. For that price I can almost purchases three seasons worth on DVD if you shop around. So I'd hope that the accompanying magazine is bloody good for that price....

Speaking of which how is the magazine? How many pages? Is it covering stuff that's not covered in the current DVD extras? Will the DVD extras appear (for example, I just got the Season 4 boxed set yesterday and every single episode has an audio commentary - will this be replicated?)? If the introductory price was retained, it'd certainly be worth looking into but, as it stands, it's too exhorbant for me to touch. That and I have Seasons 1-5 rendering it somewhat pointless :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

yeah that ad perked my interest alright. though as ioxy said at that price per season ye'd have to wonder. one thing that is cool about it is the way the whole collection spells out Stargate SG1 when lined up together, but thats hardly worth the expense. will buy the 1st magazine anyway and see whats its like. It is avaliable in easons etc yes??

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I picked up a copy in Read's with 10% off. The Magazine is basically written for children, using the characters voices. So we have reports written by General Hammond, etc. Not worth the money at all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Just bought a copy of it today, the idea of having all the dvd's in chronological order and when you have completed the set you have a very nice display of them, seems good. But....

I was just thinking, if it comes out every 2 weeks and there are 46 editions left that means that you would not have it finished for 92 weeks, which is the same as 1 year 10 months. Finishing Date: August 2006

Will they bother publishing it for that long if there's not that big of a demand!?!?

Anyway, It's only €12.50 every 2 weeks which is grand by me, i'll easily be able to save that up every fort-night.

What do the rest of you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

Anyone know of any way to get the magazine without having to buy the disc's?

I have the first six season's on dvd already.

G

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

dudara wrote:
    I picked up a copy in Read's with 10% off. The Magazine is basically written for children, using the characters voices. So we have reports written by General Hammond, etc. Not worth the money at all

So if you have the DVD's already is there any point buying it for the mag?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

It doesn't include the pilot episode or the original film

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

If you subscribe, you get them!

http://www.stargatedvd.co.uk/subscribe.htm

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Interesting though that if this series is aimed at kids, will they have the uncut version of the pilot episode which - given it has full frontal female nudity - isn't kiddy friendly? And will they preserve O'Neill's "bull****" line from "The Serpent's Lair"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Moe79

I was pretty miffed by the fact that the pilot is only available by subscribing.. that kinda sucks. And I agree about the quality of the magazine, it's fairly bad.

I doubt I'll end up buying the second issue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement