Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AVP group

• 10-09-2004 11:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭

What was the best movie out of Aliens and Predator and AVP?
    Post you vote. Mine would be Aliens(Uncut) was unreal and was a kid when i saw it and i still want one of those machine guns with the grenade launcher (Bigger Kid now :D )

Which is the Best Movie? 18 votes

Predator
    0%
    Predator 2
    22%
    MakaveliCreatureEnergizerlodgepole 4 votes
    Alien
    0%
    Aliens
    16%
    Chad ghostalJohnLioness 3 votes
    Alien 3
    61%
    BlitzKriegObeyGiantPugsleychewyRewKevokixoyMadDogGreenerBrookieDGizzardNukem 11 votes
    Alien Resurrection
    0%
    AVP
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

Aliens
    alien.
    no question.
    anyone whos votes otherwise is a lOOn, a LOon i tells ya!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

<edit> theres a BIg difference between favorite and best...</edit>

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Alien 3
    Aliens. I loved this to bits when growing up. Taped it and watching it multiple times. Unknown to me, I originally had the UTV version which had been quite heavily cut. It featured, for example, Vasquez saying "I say we go in there and blow the whole goddamn nest". Goddamn is not what she says in the actual version....

The movie still, to me, is the ultimate dark action movie. Great performances and the only action movie that I feel actually fleshes out the secondary and tertiary characters. The marines are not faceless and each is recognizable and even has personality traits (thanks to Cameron's method of directing). Still looks amazing after all these years and, whilst I used to able to quote the entire movie, I can still fondly remember entire scenes. And there's rarely been a better, hate-filled delivery than: "Get away from her you BITCH!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Alien 3
    Aliens, definately loved that film in my childhood, and even now the film doesnt look dated, hats off to Cameron for doing so much for the technology of the time, and generally making what I could count a near flawless piece of directing. Alien and Alien3(director cut) being also superb films. With predator 1 and 2, and AvP all being enjoyable watchs, but why did you even bother including resuurection? like anyone is going to vote for it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Alien 3
    Aliens the best for me. Uncut of coarse.

On a side note I went to the Alien War Experience years ago in london. Fan bloody tastic.. did anybody else manage to get there. live action Aliens chasing your around the set of Aleins. how cool was that!!! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

Predator 2
    I enjoy Aliens, but hate the director's cut.

But I voted for Predator because it's so ****ing savage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Alien 3
    Aliens holds the cherished title of most watched movie by ME! yes i saw it when i was 7 and i watched it again the very next day. rented it the weekend after. Discovered the special edition and watched that even more!!!

end result...Aliens was the film that made me want to become involved in the film industry :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Predator 2
    I like Predator the best of them all, excl AVP because I haven't seen that.

Advertisement