Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst Casting Ever

• 10-09-2004 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭

Following someones suggestion on the trainspotting thread that River Phoenix was going to play Renton (Ewen McGregor) part in trainspotting :eek: (massively untrue btw)

I got to thinking what has got to be the worst casting decision ever in a film, the most hopeless inappropriate "what on earth were you thinking" choice of an actor for a role.

My nominations are.

John Wayne as a Roman Centurion in "The greatest story ever told"

Madonna. In anything.

My thank god it never happened.

Sly Stallone as Axel Foyle in Beverly Hills cop.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

aparently, according to www.digitalbits.com review of the starwars dvd's, there is footage of Kurt Russell going for the part of Han Solo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Mycroft, Sick Boy wasn't Ewan McGregor. Sick Boy was the bleached blonde pimp. No idea what the actor's name was.

As for worst casting ever, I'd go with Uma Thurman in Paycheck. She was so wasted in that part. Thats all that comes to mind right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Jebus I'm all over the shop today. You're right Ewen played Rents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Sly Stallone as judge dread "I AM THE LAW!" sure you are bud :rolleyes: and next time keep the f*cking helmet on!

then again that movie was a right kick in the nuts to the comic over all not just sly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

George Peppard from the A-Team turned down the part of Indiana Jones and it later went to Harrison Ford. Somehow i dont think there would of been any sequals to the first movie if the fat lad from the A-Team had of taken the role :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Whatever muppet played Anakin Skywalker in Attack of the Clones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Everyone in Jurassic Park :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Jurassic Park was / is great.

Chris O'Donnell as Robin

Arnold as Mr Freeze

was Johnny Miller not the guy who played sick boy? (used to be married to Angela Jolie)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Yup that was Johnny Lee Miller.

Worst casting? Antonio Banderas as Aramand in Interview with the Vampire. Armand was supposed to be a cherubic, blonde, 17 year old boy ffs :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭gogul

Shaquille O'Neal in anything...argh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

Hayden Christensen in the new Star Wars movies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Don't really agree on Hayden, I think he's a great actor, he was just given piss poor dialogue and direction to work with (I'm looking at you, George Lucas).

William H. Macy in Jurassic Park 3. Like, seriously, wtf? What was he thinking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

koneko wrote:
    Don't really agree on Hayden, I think he's a great actor, he was just given piss poor dialogue and direction to work with (I'm looking at you, George Lucas).

Yes very true.

I think that film can be classed as a Micheal Caine moment for Mr Macy.

When asked why he started in Jaws 3-D Micheal Caine responded;

"I've never seen Jaw 3-D, I have however seen the house in the bahamas that I bought with the cheque and it's quite lovely"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Venom wrote:
    George Peppard from the A-Team turned down the part of Indiana Jones and it later went to Harrison Ford. Somehow i dont think there would of been any sequals to the first movie if the fat lad from the A-Team had of taken the role :D

Tom Selleck had to turn down Indiana Jones not sure Peppard was asked but maybe he was!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

koneko wrote:
    Mycroft is very close to the mark. When JP3 was coming out, there was an interview with William H Macy in the Sunday Times magazine. He was asked why he took the Jurassic Park job after being so steadfastly independent. I'm paraphrasing right now, but it was something like "Well, I just found out that my wife was pregnant with our first child... and putting children through college in America isn't exactly cheap."

My respect for William H Macy soared after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

mycroft wrote:
    "Truly this man was the son of GAAAD"

Rather a long time since I've seen it.

Humphey Bogart in Sabrina. Too old and he didn't like Audrey Hepburn anyway. Had the same look on his face as Connery did in Never Say Never Again ("I'm only doing thish for the money")

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Ben Affleck whenever his character is supposed to be intelligent.

Even though such castings can be funny, unintentionally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

Brad Pitt as Achilles, he just couldn't pull it off.
    Anakin(kid version) in Episode 1 was second to Jar Jar Binks in the annoying stakes and thats a WHOLE lot of annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Etain

Kevin Costner as Robin Hood-- in some scenes he had a really bad English accent, in other scenes he sounded very American.

Marlon Brando as an Asian in Teahouse of the August Moon. It was a horrible joke, just awful to try to watch it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Hello Kitty

Brad pitt in snatch.. his accent was terrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Brad pitt in snatch.. his accent was terrible
    Terrible how? He was supposed to be an Irish traveller, it was exaggerated a bit for comedy value but still was a pretty good attempt for an american actor.

"We'll hav' it in Periwinkle Bloo.."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭iasc

lafortezza wrote:
    Terrible how? He was supposed to be an Irish traveller, it was exaggerated a bit for comedy value but still was a pretty good attempt for an american actor.

"We'll hav' it in Periwinkle Bloo.."

Yeah i thought he was great in snatch, did a good knacker accent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Hello Kitty

Well it was terible because i couldnt understand what he was saying!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

mycroft wrote:
    You should take a look at The Conquerer. John Wayne as Genghis Khan. With wispy moustache and everything. It's the funniest thing I've ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭iasc

i sure hope thats sarcasm

Humphey Bogart in Sabrina. Too old and he didn't like Audrey Hepburn anyway. Had the same look on his face as Connery did in Never Say Never Again ("I'm only doing thish for the money")

Yeah I can see how kissing Audrey Hepburn would be filed under "odious duty but I'll suck it up and take one for the team"
    You should take a look at The Conquerer.

And I have. "You're beautiful in your wraith"

Shudder.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

missed + the point = you

Advertisement